Friday, December 16, 2022

Miscellaneous: Mandarin , Corn And Chocolate

Mandarin... but not fruit!

ThroughDDayBlogger
Mandarin Layered Cake
 

Baked and made in October.

Mandarin Cake or Mandarin Layered Cake (Lapis Mandarin), I tried to look for this cake history , but instead I got Surabaya Layered Cake or Spikoe history . So let me speculate LOL, Mandarin cake had two layer and using fruit jam in between, I wonder if the earlier version using Mandarin jam... just me making up theory 😆 

This cake commonly use a square mold, not round , but I don't thing that would be a problem.

Anyway, let me remind people... I'm not a cake person, but I made this cake.... I am proud! I'm using Strawberry jam in between. Moist and fragrant, YUMMY!

ThroughDDayBlogger
Mandarin Layered Cake Slice

I don't know how to explain this Corn dessert... Sweet Corn Porridge (?!) Soup (?!) Unlike Creamy Sweet Corn Soup in the West... this one is a sweets/dessert, not overly sweet but not a meal, this is a snack!

Indonesia or South East Asia or Asia in general 😆, have a lot  sweet soup dessert/snack and particular in South East Asia, we like to use Coconut Milk as the snack soup base or gravy or topping. 

When I want to eat soupy snack... this is where I go to. Let me share the recipe that I use.

Sweet Corn Porridge (Indonesian Snack)

Ingredients:

  1. 65 ml Instant Coconut Milk 
  2.  45 gr Rice Flour 
  3. 250 ml Water 
  4. Pinch of Salt 
  5.  250 gr Sweet Corn Kernel 
  6. 1200 ml Water 
  7. 100 gr Sugar (adjust to your like) 
  8. 2 Pandan leaf 
  9. 35gr Condensed Milk

Steps to make:

  1. Mix thoroughly Coconut Milk, rice flour and 250 ml water  
  2. Put 1200 ml water, Pandan leaves and Corn Kernel in to a pot, cook till soft using low/medium heat.
  3. After Corn became soft, put in sugar and salt and the Coconut Milk mixture. Stir-stir-stir, so nothing burn on the bottom.
  4. In Condensed Milk and salt. stir-stir-stir.
  5. After boil, turn off heat.... ready to serve. 
  6. Optional, grate a bit of Cheddar cheese for topping ( I like it)

 This porridge great for snack, dessert or breakfast... yes we eat this for brekky too. Warm or cold, but I rather it warm.

Some recipe use pearl sago, but since I will re-warm this porridge occasionally, the sago might be too soft, so I don't use it often. It was great way to add more color to this porridge, but since cook the sago alone took time, I rather not 😅

ThroughDDayBlogger
Sweet Corn Porridge

Next.... Fudgy Chocolate Cake. My mom got a particular preference for cake, fortunately I got new recipe that moist and fudgy (?!), similar to Brownie but still a cake 

It's good but I'm looking for better... but it's good 😆

ThroughDDayBlogger
Simple Chocolate Cake

That's for today post , have a great day^^

No comments :

Post a Comment