Saturday, December 31, 2022

Miscellaneous: End year Baking and Making

As usual, I enjoy year end with foods.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Marie Custard Chocolate Pudding

I made lot of sweet, since it's a special day. My Dad's Birthday , that what it is.

We rarely eat cake, since we need to maintain blood sugar and other health reason, after all we eat bread too on daily basis... so cake is not urgently need.

For celebration, I made Pudding... not western typical pudding, tho in US this type probably consider as Jelly and definitely different with UK pudding type. In Indonesia we use Jelly term on fruit kind of flavor and transparent type. Id we mixed in milk or egg... usually we call that Pudding.

I like to make pudding tho I prefer eating Jelly, because pudding a bit too heavy for me.   

So back to my pudding, lately I really interested on making pudding, but for now I start with I think the simplest one and the one that I got its ingredients ready on my pantry LOL.

Looks great, tho because of my impatient nature.... the chocolate leak to the custard part ....but I still consider this a success and I am happy for it.

As far as I remember, I think this is the second time I made this pudding... but I don;t see any record on my Instagram... so think that one probably less success than this one 😆

Next!

ThroughDDayBlogger
Banana Bolen

Banana Bolen, I actually made this one just because I got the ingredients on hand and want to finish it before new year. I also got new type of Bolen recipe so why not. 

What is Bolen ... according to Wikipedia, Roti Bolen (Bolen Bread)  is Indonesian baked bread pastry with crust layers similar to those of croissant, baked flour with butter or margarine layers, filled with cheese and banana. Other variants uses durian fillings. The cake demonstrate European pastry influences.

So ... it using crust layers like Cruissant but I also think it was like a Chinese Pie, layered but not too cripsy, like Wife's cake type of texture.

This snack is popular in Indonesia, make sure to try it.. the famous one is from Bandung, but nowadays with lots of people do online business wspecially home bake or home made food I'm sure each area in Indonesia got this baked good and the taste would be still amazing.. like what can go wrong with Banana?

Anyway... I like the result .. with some   adjustments for next time.

Then... what is Birthday without cake.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Mocha Cake

While pudding was made also for celebration... but part of it because I want to try and finish my ingredients... cake is specially made for this occasion. And like always , my go to is Mocha cake, tho it was covered with Chocolate rice sprinkle... that was mainly because I don;t know how to decorate it and I was a bit lazy to was many bowl or piping nozzle 😎 ... so I go basic.

Last but not least... another attempt making Peach Bao

ThroughDDayBlogger
Peach Bao

I still got difficulty making this bread... I think baked bread is easier than this... nevertheless I did it and I think this was better than two or three years ago Peach Bao. Maybe I would master it three years in the future for third time try LOL.

Again ... according to Wikipedia ... Peach Bao or Shou Tao Bao is A longevity peach,  a type of lotus seed bun, sometimes with a filling made of red bean paste or lotus paste. It is white with a red dyed tip with a crease along the side, mimicking the shape of a peach. Occasionally, bakers add green decorations that mimic leaves.

Longevity Peach, like what Chinese God and Goddess eat in heaven ( imo).  So this bun usually made for birthday  , especially for elderly ... for long life and happy life.

That's for today, last baking and making in 2022 year. 

Happy  End Year 2022 and Happy New Year 2023. Have a great day.

No comments :

Post a Comment