Friday, December 30, 2022

Journal: November December Highlight

 Last!

ThroughDDayBlogger
November 2022 Highlight




Fiuh!

My monthly highlight for this year is finish. Still gonna continue it next year., looking forward to it.

For NOVEMBER,

Thai Mango Sticky Rice

Mango season in November, I got lots of sweet mango, and as tradition ( my personal tradition) ... whenever I got good Mango, Thai Mango Sticky Rice is a must. 

I hope one day I can enjoy this in Thailand ^^, Yummy!

Strawberry/Blueberry Crumble Bread

I saw this bread on my Instagram, I hear abou Fruit crumble tart or pie or cake... but bread.... hmm I can make that. 

I'm not particular eager to eat this, but I enjoy shaping it. Whenever a jam involve I actually like to spread it my self rather than eat it when it's already on the bread. Just my preference.

But my mom like it. And I like to make them... pretty visual.

Indo-China Chicken Steam Rice

This steam rice.. is particular Indonesian food. A result of assimilation between local and Chinese immigrant/descendant who came to Indonesia. Other country (Malaysia, Singapore) got Hainan Chicken Rice ... but Indonesia got our Chicken Steam Rice ... it's a bit odd to translate it to English ...but we call this, Nasi Tim ( Nasi for Rice and Tim for the cooking method, which mean steam)

I like my mom Nasi Tim... why, easy it had lots of chicken bits and mushroom, while others household (perhaps) and restaurant mince the chicken to fine or put it whole part ( chicken tight with bone) in the rice, my mum only cube the chicken.

And because that how it introduce to me... I prefer it that way from ever since. That's why I kinda not the type to eat Nasi Tim in restaurant.

Next and last , my December

ThroughDDayBlogger
December 2022 Highlight


I made a lot and still gonna make a lot in this December

Croissant

I think I am better at making Croissant than puff pastry, I wonder if the yeast is the reason. Because Croissant using a bread dough and I already use to handle them.. therefor I don't feel making Croissant is difficult. 

Of course result my vary LOL... but I made one, the thing I need to pay attention more is about the size. So gonna practice that for next time.

Banana Bread

My mom always made this, I made it once... and for this December I gave it another try.... I like it!

Inserted Brownie

This variation of brownie is on the rice in Indonesia. I made it and I am a fan. Making process a bit tedious, but I will see if I can simplify it.. Next year LOL

Babka Bread

Tang Yuan

An annual food, because it was an annual event . And this year, I learn how to make one... by seeing it.My part this year only rounding the sticky rice marble... gonna try to make it soon..

Hmm... really these  highlight are more about food I enjoy make or eat LOL... I hope I can diverse it better next year. But what can I do... drawing food or making and eating them really are fun ^^.

That's for today post, keep warm and have a nice day.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment