Friday, December 23, 2022

Journal: July and August Highlight

Here we go again ^^
ThroughDDayBlogger
July 2022 Highlight


After working for other task... now I'm going to upload this. My schedule is a mess LOL, not saying I am a spontaneous person, but also not saying I'm great with sticking on my plan 😅 

FOCUS!

ThroughDDayBlogger
July 2022 Insta Pics

 For July... I got

Durian

Hm... Durian season suppose to be end or early year... I wonder the weather change so much that fruit season became altered. What I got was local Durian, different from Thailand (Montong) or Malaysian Durian (Musang King), my local Durian is smaller and the pit a bit larger.

So about Durian.. it was native from Indonesia , to be exact, it was from Borneo and Sumatra and then it was  spread throughout South East Asian  and like we all now, most famous are Thailand and Malaysia (imo). It was say that the older the tree, the smaller the pit, the bigger the spike ... about the taste, I think it depends of the variety.

I'm not a big Durian eater but when I eat it, I particular like sweet Durian with a hint of bitterness. As far as I remember  I only eat Durian Monthong (Thailand) twice or three times. Mostly I eat local Durian and I also using them to make jam for cake or bread.

Kugelhopf Bread

I saw this recipe on YT, I know there's also Kugelhopf Cake ... I think Kugelhopf was refer for the mold (?!) 

I made it, personally I think this as a fancy Raisin brioche bread with Sugar coat (?!) but I think my sugar was too runny LOL , gonna fix it for next time.

Fruit Grape Custart Pie

I like this pie, this actually use variety fruits topping, like Grape, Mandarin and Kiwi ... but I only had Grape at that time and also my first time make that pie... so not too eager to follow it to the T, my focus was on the tart shell and the custard. I nailed it... so next time perhaps I'm gonna use more fruits.

Mango

Am I and Elf? Maybe, because I like Super Junior songs. And in July , Mango song did cheer me up ^^


For August, again I'm experimenting.

ThroughDDayBlogger
August 2022 Highlight

For August ,

Birthday Cake

I'm back for Rainbow cake, actually also made a Moccha cake... but too much  to put in to this "highlight" , plus Tiramisu already got Chocolate color 😂

Tiramisu

I always want to make Tiramisu and also separately want to make dessert box... why not combine them so I can checked two box at one go. Aside that , I'm not a "cream" person .... custard , perhaps but not cream, and dessert box mostly that I saw in YT was using cream. So Tiramisu (in) dessert box will do.

I LOVE IT!

I bought mascarpone cheese only for this and I'm glad I did it. Lovely dessert. Perhaps not authentic because I'm not using yolks only mascarpone cheese and whipped cream, but still I like it.

I did actually eat the authentic one, once upon a time ... and actually I didn't picked that much of difference.. of course the one using yolks was more creamy and filling. The one I made was more light... but still I only could eat half box at the time.

Avocado 

My town is not that big, it use to be hard to find Avocado , it was Indonesia fruit but  not grown in my area... we still got them in the past but not that abundance , more like "we got some " unlike Banana , Papaya, Langsat , Mango etc we had them abundance here. 
 
So once a while , when I pass fruits vendor... if the Avocado is calling... or my heart is calling , I bought them. I always want to make Avocado burger, or some food from Avocado, but I always going back to Avocado juice.
 
Some people just smash it ( the flesh) and then smash mixed it with condensed milk and ice ... kinda like a rough Avocado juice. But for me... it need to be a smooth Avocado juice.... I don't like the taste of Avocado bits on my juice, but I will bite it on burger.... so yeah that's my circumstances.
 
ThroughDDayBlogger
August 2022 Intagram Pics

 
That's for today post... till next time. Keep warm, enjoy life and have a nice day. 

No comments :

Post a Comment