Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Miscellaneous: Let's Roll

Festive time need a festive bread.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Spekkoek/Cinnamon Fruit Roll

End of year, it's Christmas time . Dried Fruit Bread/ Cinnamon Fruit Roll/ Bread with Raisin Succade and Spice Sugar 😅 or whatever you want to call it, I made this as a Christmas hamper for my friends.

Let me share how I made this.

First, you need a basic bread dough ( recipe that I use >>> BREAD ), so I got 500gr Bread dough to work with.

For the filling:

  1. Soft butter for spread
  2. Cup of Palm sugar/ brown sugar with 1tsp Spekkoek spice or Cinnamon  (Spekkoek spice mix is used in a Dutch-Indonesian layered called called Spekkoek, also known as kue lapis legit or spekuk. Spekkoek spice is fragrant mix of spices consisting of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and cardamom , its similar to pumpkin pie spice and speculaas spice. )
  3. 1 1/2 Cup Raisin, soak with warm water and splash of Rhum for 30 minutes. Then remove the water , squeeze it if you must so it's not too wet.  The reason I soak it to tender the raisin, if you're happy with your raisin softness, then skip this step.
  4. 1/2 Cup Succade , I'm using colorful Papaya Succade, use any colorful fruit candy that you prefer.

For topping:

  1. Egg for egg wash
  2. Sliced Almonds 

Let's work it out:

  1. Roll out the dough ... I forgot how wide my dough was, but the length is about 40cm.   
  2. Spread Butter thinly and evenly , then sprinkle sugar, raisin and succade
  3. Roll it, cut it. For my 25cm pan, I divide my dough in to nine rolls. 
  4. Wait till double or and hour or till the bottom pan no longer visible 😆... brush with egg wash, sprinkle with Almond slice
  5. 180°C for 15-18 minutes or till golden brown.

At fist I want to use icing sugar, but I think it would be overly sweet so... no no.

That's for my hamper.. simple and kinda useful 😆.

I also bake Marble cake , Brownies and Bloeder ( Bloeder is one type of Indonesian classic bread that developed in the Dutch colonial era. The characteristic of this bread is very soft and fluffy.)

ThroughDDayBlogger
Marble Cake


ThroughDDayBlogger
Marble Cake Slice


ThroughDDayBlogger
Brownie


ThroughDDayBlogger
Bloeder

 
 
ThroughDDayBlogger
Bloeder inside

That's for today . Till next post ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment