Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Miscellaneous: Baking Still

 And cooking (?!) too ... or snacking 😅

ThroughDDayBlogger
Egg Sandwiches

I've been busy with house chores and shop chores , so my time for time being my clip art and arts got on hold. After resting on May or June or both, I thought I can make up some post and some uploading (for my shop), but I'm struggling ... but I'll pay that post back, for my self sake !  😊

Anyway after sick on August, my baking actually tone down a bit, but now I'm ready to do it again and I got better using my standing mixer, patient (not my virtue on certain part...) is the key.

Recent I'm making Egg Sandwiches,  not like typical sandwich look like, its more like a HotDog style, but it still in between of bread, so I think it still pretty close ... or perhaps I should call it HotEgg 😆

Let me share my recipe for this bun or bread (whatever shape I made) and this is not my own made recipe, I just found it on net and it works, and to be honest all the recipe kinda similar so ....I use this .

  • 250 gr High Protein Flour
  • 50 gr Granulated Sugar
  • 30 gr Butter
  • 120 ml Milk
  • 1 Egg
  • 6 gr Yeast 
  • Pinch of Salt

How to make it , put all in the mixer except Butter, after it coming together, add Butter ... and wait till it combine and smooth and elastic. Shape it , I made mine 60gr (more or less) /piece. Let it proof for one hour, brush it with egg wash, bake on preheated oven at 180°C for 15 minutes ... I like mine a bit golden brown , so if you like a little less... 12 minutes is enough or depend on your oven.

I usually only proof the dough once, because if I double proof it , I tend to over proof it 😅, and because the gas/air from the first proofing already produced it the dough,  I can't make it smooth,thus one time proof.

For filling, any filling will do.

And then , I'm also made Waffle... instant, because this is not what I'm use to, so I bought an Instant Pancake batter, because the portion is smaller, if I'm gonna make it from scratch ... it would be to much and I wouldn't be able to finish it. 

ThroughDDayBlogger
Waffle

Also made a Fluffy Donuts, I like Donuts, and after I was able to make bread, this became more regular at my house. I use to make a ring shape, but yesterday I made a round shape for Bombolini , but I finish it only with sugar as an old school donuts, because it's enough sweet in it.

Without the ring,its more fluffy, of course size also matter, but it still same yummy as always.

For the recipe same recipe as above, except ... the flour. If I'm in the mood for airy donuts I use High protein flour, but if I want  more bready (?!) Donuts, I use all purpose flour. And then some recipe add baking powder to it, but I don't and I don't know what the differ,I tried both... taste the same to me,  so add or not doesn't matter.

Steps just the same, shape then proof. Fried it with preheated oil (enough so Donuts could float in it), medium low fire, put donuts in ( don't over crowd the pan), don't flip it just yet after the bottom side golden brown ( one or two minutes)  then flip it till the side also golden brown , pick it up and drain (?!) the oil. Coated or fill it as you like.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Donuts

ThroughDDayBlogger
More Donuts

Rainy season seems to be move on, now it's HOT! Ice Coffee is nice but I crave for Earl Grey, so Ice Earl Grey tea it is.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Ice Earl Grey

Steam cake, for cake I actually like steam cake better than baked cake, whenever I made birthday cake , I actually make a steamcake rather than a baked cake, it retain moist better than the baked one imo.

For this Blossom steam cake, I already share the recipe before, very simple, humble cake. I love to play color with it.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Blossom Steam Cake

 That's for today post ( payback for last week) , soon I'll post for the last post for this month. Have a nice day.

* Instagram : @deltaechovictorindia



No comments :

Post a Comment