Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Miscellaneous : K-Drama

 This might be late by too much ... but I need to take it out.


I always want to review or at least write about K-Drama that I watch ... I thought if I paired it with my drawing it would be better. And before I know ... time flies!

So while I got nothing to write about I remember that I want to write about this topic. Lets get started!

The Descendant Of The Sun

Before this tv series... I actually very rare to watch tv asian drama... especially based on modern time setting. I love historical... but even then I am so picky.. or none of them pique my interest.

And then this drama goes viral... my FB wall crowded with this drama clip. My friends were talking about it... my cousin watching it and told me like " If that character is really exist ... he would be a very good person" 

So I gave it a go. I like it. There are elements that I like. The female lead is useful , no unnecessary love rival/s, male lead not just some rich guy, funny and have a bromance. This is a well script and executed and well play drama. Bravo!

Downside is .. since the two leads were married then divorce ... I might not be able to see they working together anymore.

 

What's Wrong with Secretary Kim


Overall, I like this drama. Use a bit of psychology problem... nice. But... for some reason I don't like the female lead acting. There is a scene when she smirk in the dark and startled the male lead... but the smile she use... looks like a contempt smile to me. I do watch her in her newest drama about art curator (?!) or museum employee... anyway .. perhaps it because all the character kinda similar.. or maybe her acting made it all similar? It just I feel all her character are the same.

But when I saw her clip doing a melodrama acting ... her act is good. But because it was a melodrama... I don't watch LOL

Male lead tho... no problem, I watch several his drama also.. and so far so good... all the character didn't appear same to me..

 

Touch Your Heart 


This drama so far is top of my list!

Simple plot, not overly dramatic, funny ... especially the co-worker couple , normal-ish kind of people. The actor and actress play the leading roles have a great chemistry too. I'm looking forward to see them as lead again.

K-Drama or at least in general far better than C-Drama. The plot is compact compare to C-Drama and no or rare loose end ( I'm sure Korean have bad drama too). 

From technical perspective ... cinematography is good ... I rarely see over lighting, of course they will whiten it bit... but it still a considerate balance and contrast imo. In C-Drama especially in fantasy genre ... the lighting is blinding.

Actors ...K-Drama actors act really well, I have no problem (yet) with their skill.. of course some will tic me... but overall, they have a good acting skill.

Characters... especially the male character tends to overly cool or too good to be true but can't blame them... those kind of character is on demand. What I want to say is the male character tend to be the same... but with the actor skill and writer skill they can add a bit quirks to make it different. And so far ... so good.

Female character ... yeap this also one direction. Pretty or to be exact adorable. And K-Drama nailed it, they can deliver an adorable female character without being annoying ... things that C-Drama, J-Drama and T-Drama need to learn imo, but again everybody preference is different and I do try to not over generalize everything because I too find some female actress with good acting and adorable in C-Drama and perhaps in J-Drama or T-Drama too... if only I'm not traumatized watching them .

K-Drama , because the compact series and good director they can maintain a wholesome story. The character not strayed from the plot and tend to evolved with the story flow. So me , as the audience not confuse while watching it.

Again let me compare it to C-Drama, I once start to watch a ... at the time I thought it was kind of a detective or has a detective element to the story... that's why I want to watch it. Reading the summary it said the male lead is a smart, cool head person. So I gave it a try... I hate the female lead character on the get go... but I still try to watch it... and then it get worse.. the male lead that suppose to be smart ... always became retard every time he interact with the female lead... not in the romantic way... on general common way. Ugh...!

If I don't like a series I will fast forward as fast as I could ...but in some series cases... I just need to dropped it... it's rare but I do it just to save my time and my feeling.

So the wholesome of the character also important to me... or at least with the summary... dang that summary con me.

I compare it a lot with C-Drama, because recently I only watch K and C drama. I have my reason why I watch it, I like both but again with technicality and quality... K-Drama win big time

That's for today post...I hope I can found a good or decent drama to post soon since I got no new manga to report on LOL.

Stay warm and safe , till next post. Bye!


No comments :

Post a Comment