Saturday, December 5, 2020

Miscellaneous : From Baking To Cooking

 I do cook! And this is my pay post number one 😄

ThroughDDayBlogger
Coffee Time with Luncheon Bread

And bake ... like I said before ...for me baking gave me an instant gratification and help me to feel as if I achieved something . That's why I like to do it... plus I got a delicious things to eat ... 😎

But since baking bread more or less use same recipe only different filling or topping, I lately do more cooking too.

Not much of meals but more like a desserts ... but occasionally I do simple meals too.

So these past month I bake Comb Bread or we know in Indonesia as Roti Sisir... basic bread recipe but the shape is like a comb ... similar with Windsor Bread. When I was little the kind Roti Sisir I ate was the one with butter in between... but I made plain one and use any spread I like. In this one I made a Pandan ( kind of vanilla , something to make bread or food fragrant) and I use my Biscotti spread... yummy.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Pandan Comb Bread

This one is Luncheon Bread... I actually saw this on Instagram. I rarely surprise or awe for a food... I like them and want to eat them... but rarely like.. awe or think that food was a genius creation... but with this bread I do thought so.

I'm pretty lenient and tolerant at making bread or food.. I sue what ever I have ... I change ingredients one to many time just because sometimes I ran out of some. And I always have luncheon yet I never thought about making this one... not that I need to be a genius and create a new recipe... but  really never thought about this. Sausage or smoke meat kinda like luncheon... why I never thought about this ... simple yet I never thought about this.. that's why I in awe state.

I like this ... gonna make this again tomorrow.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Luncheon Bread


Moon Cake... this one if not a more traditional style perhaps this is from other area style ( in China).

Compare with the popular style... I like this more... because tho the proportion of the skin is less than the filling .... still its not as much as the popular (snow skin ?!) type.

But soon I would like to try to make the snow skin type... currently I'm looking for the molding.

For filling I'm using Durian cake/jam. Homemade which I need to de-seed the Durian and cook it untill its thick and sticky ... constantly stirring. Result ... a bit too sweet and the way I warp it not that neat, but it's a success. Lovely!

ThroughDDayBlogger
Durian Moon Cake


Sausage Bread. I made a Korean style before and Taiwanese style too. For this one... I got the sausage and too lazy to prepare any topping... and I just got my Black Sesame Seeds ... so it's perfect. BEtter eat with sambal (hot sauce) tho .

ThroughDDayBlogger
Sausage Bread

 

Grilled Chicken. I was using my premade BBQ seasoning for this , so that's it LOL.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Simple Grilled Chicken

 

My mom bought lots of sweet potato. So some of it I made a fried sesame balls... and some I made this sweet mochi like soup. In Indonesia we call this Kolak Biji Salak. Kolak is any kind ofsoup dessert that made with brown sugar and coconut milk... can use with banana, sweet potato, cassava. But for this Biji Salak (Snake Skin Fruit Pit)... we use a glutinous rice powder and can be added with sweet potato ( kinda like Potato Donut) .. the snake skin pit only for refering the shape... as big as the snake skin pit fruit. I like it... the more I make it the more I can make it chewy. Nice

ThroughDDayBlogger
Kolak Biji Salak


Steam bun or Pao ... I made steam bun more than once but as I remember I only success one time. So this time I made a plain one. A folding type one so I can put any filling that I like. This is a success too... but to create the fold need more practice , maybe next time I will make Mantou ( cut type pao) instead LOL.For filling I'm using my stir fry homemade salted veggie.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Steam Pao


Steam Eggs.This dish is so simple that I forget about it. The hard part only boiling the water and wait. I eat this with rice... but I think eat this as snack also can be done. Make me want to make Chawanmushi ... next maybe since some of the ingredient can't be found here.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Steam Egg


That's what I made past month or days.... I'm looking forward for cake ...but for tomorrow, Luncheon bread! 

Staywarm and have a nice day.

No comments :

Post a Comment