Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Food For Thought: 2020 And My Plan To Enjoy It

Ahhhh ... new plan... (to finish the old plan)
Right now I'm going through internet  looking for new year resolution inspiration.

2020Resolution
My Resolution for 2020


Looking back on my first post of 2019 ... wow... I think I still not yet move from those wishes... Hopefully this year would be better and I can pay them off .

For this year too, I'll reduce my budget for online shopping, since my government suddenly announce they will tax stuff imported from online shopping up from $ 3. Before this the tax applied up from $75 dollar stuff. *hashtagRANTING 😅

Luckily they said...books will always be tax free whatever the book cost is.

This regulation annoys me, but what can I said, I need to adapt and see this as a chance to saving more money.


Back to resolution ... what is actually a RESOLUTION? Hmm... "the act or process of resolving" 

This is hard ... what I need to resolve is always changing , but let me list what I need to try... to resolve in this 2020, kinda a to do list for 2020, a year term aim or the least need to be done by 2020 end.

1. Read more Blogs

I write blog, or at least I try.. this blog is my journal ... since I tend to be distracted so easily, this blog help me to check on my self. But in term read another blog ... I do read but not habitually, so I know I missed a lot of things. That need to change and I will give it a go this year.

2. Read more Books

I got more than 5 books that I haven't touch yet, I bought because I want to read them, I do... but then when I open it... I gave it a pause and put in on the shelf till now... so that need to change before I add more to my collection.

3.Create Long Term Project

This is a too broad, I know I need to be more specific about this one. But the idea was, in fast pace world I need to create something that will take time to finish ... take little time to make each day and see the result by year end (maybe) or in a few months. I'm thinking about gardening (plant a Tomato or herb) or embroidery.

4.Write a Novel or Short Story

I just found WattPad, LOL. I read manga and as I mention and post about it.. recently I read about Isekai manga and for some reason I boost my imagination to write... not particularly on the subject but writing in general. I do collect "material" and write on my phone, but only a bit or a part of scene at a time... So yeah, I think it will be really fun to compile it all and try to come up with a whole story.

5.Learn Language

This one on my list last year, and no progress ... so I'll try again this year.

6.Take Care Of My Body And Mind

This actually need to be a number one, but I do this since last year, so this "to do list" is a reminder for me to keep on going. I do Intermittent fasting... I never lost weight this much, I do cheat now and then and will cheat in the future too ( but I want to limit it as much as I can ), but it really help me to reduce my craving. I got more control what and when I want to eat... which mean.. saving money LOL.
And I will limit my gadget interaction, and set schedule to use it.
As for mind... I stop meditating, but I still do a mindful breath now and then. This year I'll meditate again.

7.Built An Illustration Portfolio

I need one and I want one, last year no drawing (my bad) so this year as a starter I'll drawing daily and post it on Instagram and compile a necessary image for my portfolio. There I said and write about it... now all I need to do is held my self accountable for it.

8.Clean Up My Nest

Since two years ago, I've been very selective to add more and more personal stuff, but I still got accumulation of stuff that I got from the earlier years before it, I'll reduce it... on monthly basis. I hope by end of year , only necessary stuff stay. No need to be Marie Kondo style, but do feel stuff can be a burden , especially if I don't use it for period of time. I always feel bad for stuff that I don't use or don't see until I clean up certain box or drawer.. So clean up and gave them to people who need it would be great.


That's my too do list for this year, now I work to fulfilled it .
Follow me on Instagram @barelydevi and see you net post and Happy New Year 2020.



No comments :

Post a Comment