Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Miscellaneous: Potato Cheese Ball, Choco and Cheese Cupcake and Blossom Steam Cake

 Once upon a time, I couldn't make it bloom.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Potato Cheese Ball

The picture above was Potato Cheese Ball, I always like a fried snack ... so when I saw this PotaCheeseBall ... I need to make one.

To my surprise... this PotaCheese is very easy... the hard thing to do is coating it .. well not exactly hard .. more like messy 😆, rest of it .. piece of cake

ThroughDDayBlogger
Potato Cheese Ball

The next thing that I made for a long time or perhaps my first time ... is this cute cup cake .. not a typical "cupcake" ... but a cake that I put in cup because its easier that way.

I love to eat a Hong Kong cheese cake, but it never turn the way I want it to be. So I got this recipe ... it looks great .. it is a success ... but still not the way I want..

The more I think about it ... I conclude .. perhaps its a wrong cup  ... I use to eat this cake in a paper cup ... I know it sound ridiculous ... but because I aim for the same feeling with when

 I had it before... thus I think it necessary to create it with similar or closer to similar condition with that cake. After that .. if its confirm that it is the way I want it .... any cup would not be the problem 😁😁😁 

Anyway ... I make the Cheese first ... I see its a success ... I try to tweak it and change it to Chocolate ... and it a success too

ThroughDDayBlogger
Cheese Cup Cake

ThroughDDayBlogger
Chocolate Cup Cake

ThroughDDayBlogger
Blossom Steam Cake

And then .... Blossom Steam cake .....For today, I'm going to share this recipe... I don't know if that's a correct name for this, but if I translate it literally ... this about right.

The first time I made this was a failed ... and then for couple more time it's also failed... till I fixed some area.. and then it never failed anymore LOL

Blossom Steam Cake Recipe that I use ( I got this from internet)

Ingredients:

  • 2 Eggs -Room Temp-
  • 180gr Sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon Cake Emulsifier or skip (if you confident enough... not me tho LOL)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 200ml Soda , room temp ( I'm using Sprite)
  • 250gr All Purpose Flour
  • Coloring food of your liking.

How to make:

  1. Prep your steamer on high and warp the lid with cloth , to prevent the steam water drop on to the cake.
  2. Put all ingredients in to a bowl , whisk it ( if you want) or use a mixer ( I'm using hand mixer.. max) ... mix until white and thick
  3. Divide into three bowl and put mixed the food coloring of your choose. Like the picture I'm using only Green and Red color and white ( the original batter color)
    You can use as many or as less color that you like but commonly we only use three color variation.
  4. Using a cupcake paper cup, put the White batter ( this usually more than the color part), then put the Green then the Red, can be overlap or side by side.. doesn't matter tho it would create a different pattern. Fill the cup to the brim.. not spill.. but full...this , some say will ensure the cake to bloom beautifully.
  5. Put the cake in to the steamer , do not over crowd. Steam for 12 minutes ( on high), repeat till your cake is finish... then enjoy after it cool down.
  6. With this recipe I can make about 12 cup cake... but it still depends on how big and deep the cup.

Tips and trick:

  1. Make sure the ingredients in a same temperature.... a room temperature
  2. Use a decent amount of water for steamer... if its too much ... it would leak up and ruin the paper cup, but if its too little, it would not create as much steam as it needed to cook and help the cake to bloom 
  3. Make sure your steamer lid is tight , this can also determine the result ... the leak steam would not be a problem if the purpose is to cook the cake... but it would not BLOOM. 
  4. Looking at my picture, we can see that not all cake blossom the same way... if you want to manipulate the Blossom so it would be more similar or tidy... after fill the cup... use a toothpick and draw a cross pattern on the surface of the batter/cake ... that mark would act as a mark so the bloom would take place there (?!😅)
  5. For longer softness and prevent dryness (?!) ... put on the tight container or use plastic and package them individually, if the cup had a lid ... use it!

 

As for the tools... of course everyone know what to use... bowl, spoon, scale etc. But , I want to talk about the cup.

In Indonesia ( and perhaps elsewhere too) we use a plastic or aluminum cup with hole in it... then put the paper cup on top of it... then it goes to the steamer. But nowadays everything became more easier... this cake can be made with silicon cup (Amazon link) of course its better to lining it with a paper cup like this >>>(Amazon Link) or this (Amazon Link)

Also can be straight to aluminum foil cup , like so (Amazon link)  or liner cup like this (Amazon Link) ,no lid while steam of course .

That's for today post. till next post.


No comments :

Post a Comment