Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Miscellaneous: Let's play!

 My joints are hurt!

Lemon Watercolor

I think my body reach peak of stress and tiresome (?!) from CNY baking cookies rally. My neck... arm and knee ... are .. not comfortable.

So for relaxing and post material and ... somewhat productive and ... as warming up for my "HYPE" journal ... I decide to watercoloring.

It looks pretty on computer ... but when I see it on paper ... I was a bit unsatisfied.

Loose watercolor style is a style that I want to learn ... but ... watercolor is still new for me so I had to content for my level of watercolor for now.

The least I think I am improved on applying the color on paper ... and I can a bit use wet on wet technique... so that's good.

Anyway today I try to play with watercolor and use OhnMarWin art as an example ... I love her style. It look so effortless and organic ... and I lacked both of it LOL.

Nevertheless I tried and it's so fun.

Couple note that I made after trying to make an effortless watercolor art of her style are...
1.Maybe my tools need to be upgrade LOL
2.My Inking is bad
3.I need to practice organic lay out ( look how I packed all those Lemons ... I need to give more empty space)
4.This is fun let's do this again .

When do this art ... I go straight to watercolor... which gave me anxiety. I don't consider my self a perfectionist but when I do my art or my clip art ... I do sketch first... always...

And this part I am very much aware and I need to improve and practice ... when I want to make something , in a way I know what I want to create or draw but when I think about it ... it's more about the "feel" so it still vague I can't vividly imagine the end result.

Thus sketch and put it on paper gave me somewhat clearer vision. Not to say my mind like to jump everywhere and I am bad with color ... the more reason I need to put it on paper,

For someone out there that can vividly see what they want to draw ... I envy you!

Back to "straight to watercolor" ... It did gave me anxiety .. I don't know if the color will be good ... if I shaped the correct shape or put it correctly so it will create a nice layout.

Yet.. I manage it ... fiuh... but then I messed up the lining 😓

Lemon and Watermelon ... because these two seems easier for me 😅 ... I'll keep practice  ... this year I'm gonna play with watercolor more that's why my "HYPE" journal is watercolor. FUN!

That's for today post. Relaxing and playing.

Till next post and have a good day.



No comments :

Post a Comment