Thursday, September 24, 2020

Miscellaneus: I Still Baking

 I late for my post schedule (like I sometimes do)

ThroughDDayBlogger
Cream Cheese Bread

Yesterday, I was busy working on Bread/Baking order... not much but combo it with migraine ... it's a bit overwhelming.

When it time to write my blog/journal ... I was blank, my mind was elsewhere, I couldn;t focus... that's why I do this posting today.

Back to my baking hobby, I'm now use to it, work on the order not trigger my anxiety anymore. It was replaced by "WHAT TO BAKE NEXT"

I don't own or plan to open a bakery, one or more of my friends mention it to me that it would be good idea to open a cafe. To that I said ... no thank you LOL. Even before the pandemic economy was not that great, it's been good...BUT... not worth to open a physical store or any business place, not to mention the market in my area.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Chocolate Bread

My criteria of good food are affordable ... not cheap ... affordable, reasonable price so this might differ per area or per place or per country. Affordable .. that's why I also sell my bread with reasonable price (imo) but apparently for my cousins and friends it TOO CHEAP... ehm... too affordable 😁.

Back to cheap ... I'm not a big fan of this word tho I use it , but when using "cheap" on food which happen here in Indonesia either for advertising on Instagram or elsewhere to gain attention and customers... using cheap to describe a thing... never appeal to me ... because that's mean something is compromising to make it CHEAP. Even low cost still sound better LOL.

How about expensive ... well if it cost more... for me many variable play in here.

First...maybe it's a scam 😅, when the ingredient are low cost yet.. they mark up the price so high to gave the sense of using premium ingredients, but again this sometimes happen if ingredients price keep climbing up (?!) or rent price.. anyway... this kind of business wouldn't last long.

Second.. they bought the ingredient at the wrong place... some store does more expensive. Some brands more expensive, some packaging are more expensive. Yesterday when I bought my ingredients at a good price store.. I saw a hotel employee bought their ingredients too and ... my thought was ... they can save a lot with buying in bulk.

Third ... it's PREMIUM ingredients, so of course it would cost more.


ThroughDDayBlogger
Korean Sausage Bread

In my town ... I think my price will be ....affordable. It's slightly more than local bakery... but hey mine taste better.

My takes when I price my bread was ... I don't want to compete with staple food or meals. In Jakarta or bigger city, bread already considered as meals ...of course somethings need to take on consideration to be a meal but ... meal it can be. In my town ... not yet, even myself for most of the time still look for RICE for lunch. So there is that... because my bread prob will lost a battle with BAKSO (common street food for meal in Indonesia) yet... again it depend on the type of the bread.

Considering bread as snacks... most of the time, customer buy my more than one piece of bread... if my bread too pricey... people would only buy one time out of curiosity... and they might not coming back.

Basically I mirror to myself... I would not buy pricey bread if it's not reasonable price.... again reasonable price differ to every place and occasion 😅

ThroughDDayBlogger
Caramel Cake

ThroughDDayBlogger
Caramel Cake Whole

That's for bread... for cake tho... it can be more pricey because imo it more difficult and the ingredient is moreish thatn bread (again generally speaking but not all), I've yet to sell any of my cake... but if I ever sell it ... it will be more that my bread. Coming soon 😆

I thinking about reasonable price also contribute with my headache yesterday. There is certain margin I don't want to crossed... yet it's hard... but I'll working on it.

And there is always an option not to sell particular bread if I think its not suitable for the market or my condition.

Do I see this as a business opportunity ... definitely in someway , but I don't want to stress my self with it. It kept me busy and happy when people buy it ... I do profit a bit as a payment ... but really if I'm in for pure business opportunity ... I think I did really bad ... yeah ... that bad 😆.

I know I need to give this part (profit) more thought ... and I will .. but for now baby steps ^^

ThroughDDayBlogger
Durian Bread

ThroughDDayBlogger
Pull Apart Bread, Cream Cheese Bread and Durian Bread

Oookay ...that's my thought/journal for today... See you next time:)

Instagram @deltaechovitorindia ... I post my bake or else in here ^^, check it out.

No comments :

Post a Comment