Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Interesting: Webtoons

If manga is Japan ... webtoon is Korea.
ThroughDDayBlogger
Seduce Villain's Father

I start to read webtoon because of the Isekai theme... and I like it.
The plot was usually revolve around ...rebirth or reversing time, be it rebirth to a book or a game ( this part not my fav tho)

As I ran out of manga to read... I start to try webtoon ... the one that interesting of course... I don't like to tricky, too tragedy or too drama. I read a lot of it (webtoon)... so what I got was... usually webtoon or at least isekai theme webtoon is inspired or translate or made of  Novel.

The very first webtoon that got me hooked is Lucia ...

ThroughDDayBlogger
Lucia

Lucia... The webtoon/comic strip is not fisnih yet but the novel was. So I like the story, the plot is tidy... in my opinion there is no loose end. The flow a bit schizophrenic as we wander around Lucia dream and reality... made me thought how long this character sleep LOL... But it's good.

The comic strip art also beautiful, unlike manga where the character usually got same outfit and hair do all the time but sometimes... Lucia does living up the characters. A high class society that got a top notch style and lux... so hairdo and clothes art ...very good in this comic strip.

But I still got some opinion for this story. At first I actually avoid it because the art... not that it not my taste but.... it's too beautiful to a point that too desperate to show the main character is a pretty lady ( tho the character don't believe that her self... humble brag vibe).
I also notice a different details the artist use on the main character and the rest of the character,  this is what trigger my anxiety the first time I read the webtoon  ,LOL

Anyway these kind of art  (too beautiful) usually got story that too drama or too complicated. Thankfully it's not.

Then there is the character... I can't say much about the male character... the story pretty much mention him as a perfect male with power but LOVE his lady so much... can go wrong with that recipe. In term of art .... can be better...but all iz well.

Female character ... is... I just wish she show some talent LOL... it's like nothing much of a personality. Everything in the story play too much to her favor. All she got was her dream... if that dream didn't exist ... she is dead... not smart, not witty, no cooking... no knowledge... none... But ... I still like the story LOL... and this novel already finish.. the more reason why I like it.

Next...

ThroughDDayBlogger
Seduce Villain's Father

Just because I wrote this after Lucia, doesn't meant I like this less... If all... I grade this higher than Lucia. Seduce Villain's Father!

The character is refreshing. A fluff ball and an iron wall.
I read the novel (translation) not finish, but I like where its going and the comic strip art also great.

Compare to Lucia's art... I like this better... more simple yet still deliver what it should. Must say the character design really speak out.

For its novel... the character  development also understandable and maintained really good with steady pace of development. I can see the author open a layer per layer the feeling from the two protagonist from first time they met up until they are together.
All the background story also describe or used beautifully as a spice and herb for the romance (or this is just my bias.. because its a fact the novel translation a bit confusing LOL) .Lovely.

Female character more useful than Lucia, she done more thinking and proactive attitude, and I also like that at first it doesn't look like that.. in fact the lady seems like a burden... but  again ... praise the author and the artist... the character turn our adorable rather than annoying.

The main story actually kinda like a person fall into book character ...(not my fav story) ... but it's not exactly... but after a while and after see how the story goes... I quick to forgot that this story suppose to be a protagonist that transfer to a book.

The thing about fall in to a book  or game that concern me the most actually is HOW they gonna explain it? So far that I see no story explain how they end up in a book or game... all the focus are how to end it differently from the book.. but no one yet explain why.

Anyway ... next!

ThroughDDayBlogger
Beware Of Villainess

This is the last webtoon that I read... and my CHAMPION by far! Beware Of Villainess!
So I read lots of webtoon and it makes my mood a bit moody... all the stories and the character does clouded my mind. Some are happy, some are annoying some are fluff some are tragic.

And then I found this ... and I was saved. LOL
This kind of story remind me that ... all of that webtoon are stories and don't need to be taken so serious.

While other story of villains try to escape their tragic ending and end up to be the heroine ... this story make a new path altogether... so funny and refreshing! I RECOMMENDED!

Why not I read it before... because the cover. (Not this cover) The cover that I saw make me believe this story are kind of harem/reverse harem ( which I don't like )... but I'm glad I still make sure LOL.

That's for today post.. stay safe and see you next time :)

No comments :

Post a Comment