Saturday, April 25, 2020

Travel: Tokyo Again

So ... I was in Tokyo again ...

SP
Strawberry Picking
Two days in North area indeed open my eyes on how to prepare better for cold weather. But... I think I upgraded pretty nicely in term how to enjoy Tokyo.

After came back from Sapporo, because of early train that I got .. plus for some reason journey back always shorter than depart journey ... I arrived around six afternoon in Tokyo.

Enough time for eat and shopping, so first I put my luggage at my next Hostel, I've yet to retrieved my "coin locker" luggage. I thought I will go around and about first and take the bag later, since the coin locker only one station apart from my current location.

So next... I go for Gindaco Takoyaki...

GT
Gindaco Takoyaki
With this, I eat her three times, and when I posted it on my Instagram... my friends commented that this brand already exist in Jakarta... well, well I'm not from Jakarta and while eat Takoyaki in Jakarta can cure a bit of longing feeling for it... what best place to eat Takoyaki than in Japan... like... if  I go to Jakarta... I'll look for Bakmie...or warteg... not Takoyaki.

After that we go around the area a bit also bought Garret popcorn... then go to Hachiko statue, watching and crossed the Shibuya Crossing, eat the fast food I forgot the name... not Sukiya, not Yoshinoya but kinda...

GP
Garret Popcorn

SC
Shibuya Crossing

DS
Dinner Set
Then Off we go for My coin locker baggage and sleep for tomorrow.. we went for Atami Baien.
I visit here before, but I forgot how to get there (Baien) , so this time, I'm using BUS from Atami JR station.

AB1
Atami Baien 1

AB2
Atami Baien 2
In the park, I even eat ODEN ... this is my fav food for current visit, always bought this at convenient store.

O
ODEN
At the way back, we visit Yokohama

YC1
Yokohama Chinatown 1

YC2
Yokohama Chinatown 2
I found thissss.... MY FAV... last time I ate this in SHANGHAI, while I was study abroad, I'm so happy I found this in Yokohama Chinatown.

YSJ
Yang Sheng Jian
That day finish with satisfaction.

Next Kamakura ...

KD
Kamakura's Daibutsu

UT
Ume Flower At Hasedera Temple

J
Jizo A Hasedera Temple
Back from Kamakura, I went for shopping and I'm not a fan of big brand , by big I mean expensive ... Uniqlo and GU... I like em. And I also went for location check, for tomorrow tour....  I'm going for Strawberry picking and All you can eat CRAB.... and Winter Illumination.... yes I went for a day tour.

I was proud.. because usually I only stay and enjoy the convenient that Tokyo has to offer me, but for this I need wake early .. and that a big price LOL.

STRAWBERRY day!

I am so happy,usually when I joined a tour... there is so many people at the tour site/s, but this one is different.. I AM HAPPY!

I get up early and because I was make sure that I wont get lost while try to find the tour meeting place, I already research the place yesterday... it's quite tricky, since it wasn't wrote clearly on the website. And I think is a reason that some of tour member didn't show up. SO always check the place a day or some day before
.
S
Strawberry
For lunch we eat all you can eat Crab with Strawberry cake or pudding as dessert ... all you can eat!

This is my first experience eat Snow(crab) or Japanese Crab... the shell/skin are soft unlike Indonesian crab (exclude Soka Crab), so I've difficulty using the tools thus I was stressed out at eating the Crab... but after a while... I managed.

Also I got to chat with another tour member from Taiwan... even I forgot most of my Mandarin, but i still able to communicate ... Happy COMBO!

SP
Strawberry Pie

MC
Baked Macaroni In Crab Shell

LS
Lunch Set
After that, we visit skin tofu making factory/place, and again we get to try the delicacy made from tofu and the skin and we also experience fishing the tofu skin...delicious!

Then off we go for winter illumination... a bit difficult to take a pic or selfie, but the view really are beautiful.

And then we heading back to Shinjuku, at the place where tour pick us up!

WT
Winter Illumination Ticket

WP
Penguin Lamp

WG
Giraffe Illumination

WE
Elephant Lampion
I think I'm gonna include Strawberry day again if I visit Japan again.
Next day gonna be the last day in Tokyo before heading for Kyoto... Tokyo tower is a must...

I visit once at night, this time it's not like I'm gonna visit it exactly, but I'm going for Sojoji Temple which a good place to take pic of Tokyo Tower.

TT
Tokyo Tower from Sojoji Temple
 And then ... off to Meiji Shrine...

I always visit Meiji Shrine and this time... I found there is area for snacking and souvenir shop. Nice!

GM
Grilled Mochi
And then Tokyo Dome... We eat Udon right on the Station gate...  They got English menu and affordable... my kind of eatery.

ZST
Zaru Soba with Veggies Tempura

First time visiting Tokyo Dome... I always thought this was like a stadium... just stadium... but turn out it's a great place to hang out... lots of eateries adn great space for strolling, sitting or play some amusement machine (?!)

And they decorate it nicely so .. perfect for pics too.

TD1
Tokyo Dome

TD2
Tokyo Dome 2

Burger
Burger
And I close the day with eating Shake Shack... my friend recommend this... it's okay.. I love the buns... but all bread in Japan is delicious ... excuse my not too picky tongue ^^

Next will be Kyoto and around.

No comments :

Post a Comment