Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Interesting: February Favorite Mangas

To write this blog post , I need to re-read my own last blog post with related topic.

KGBS
Kotaro- Gakuen Babysitter
I've been busy with my store and so much more, but a good dose of manga will never be waste.

Let me put my stores aside for this post and indulge in my number one hobby which is READ and not just READ any books , but my number one reading material, MANGA.

I got a lot on my sleeves, but I will only share four for today.

Donten ni Warau

 
DNW
Donten ni Warau

"In 1868, the Meiji Restoration occurred. Because of this, the country faced many criminals, such as samurai rebelling against their fallen positions. Many were arrested, but they soon broke out of their jail cells and rampaged across Japan. Therefore, the government did their best to prevent this by building a giant prison in the middle of Lake Biwa. However, to get these criminals to the prison, they needed a form of transport. In this way, the Kumō brothers were given the responsibility to take these criminals to their final resting place." (copy from Wikipedia)

This type of manga fell into shoujo category, a lot of male character, limited romance and a lot of action, like sport or fighting.

As I seen the art, I sensed this manga will be dark and it does. But what make me keep read it aside from the beautiful drawing was the story, the character that love his siblings so very much, the bond between characters really enjoyable.
It got it sad moment but the story just flow and end naturally and it left me content with it. I read this manga multiple times, still amazing and enjoyable.

Next ...

Donten ni Warau Gaiden

DNWG
Donten ni Warau Gaiden

This manga is a sequel of Donten ni Warau, this act as final closure for what happen in prequel. Also nice, there is no objection for me since I really enjoy all the character and the writer or artist did really good job to focus on what story need to be tell in each  manga (prequel and sequel). Good reading material.

Third...

Blissful Land

BL
Blissful Land
"Khang Zhipa is a 13-year-old doctor’s apprentice living in a mountain village in 18th-century Tibet. One day, when he gets back from collecting medicinal herbs, he finds a bride-to-be and her wedding party will be resting at his home for the night. The bride’s name is Moshi Rati and it turns out she’s actually Khang Zhipa’s fiancee from another land, here to stay! Enjoy this heartwarming slice-of-life tale woven by a kind-hearted boy and his mysterious bride."

Drift away for all action and excitement from Donten ni Warau and Donten ni Warau Gaiden, now let me share my typical manga, it fell in to Slice Of Life category.

This category usually got a very relax and simple story line.

The title caught my attention, then the art, the cover just lovely and as it suppose to be, the story is about young doctor apprentice, how he living in a village and how his relationship with his bride, family and his friends and other citizen.

Inside this manga, we got to learn or the least get some info about Tibetan custom and culture, for me this is a very plus for a manga. I like that very much.

Last...

Gakuen Babysitter  

GBS
Gakuen Babysitter

"After their parents are killed in a plane crash, Ryuuichi and his younger brother Kotarou are taken in by the chairman, who they never met before, of an elite academy. Ryuuichi becomes the school daycare's new babysitter."


It start with a sad vibe but it not spoiled the story at all, we can see how the main character struggle to overcome the grief of losing parents and got a support from his little baby brother, other babies, friends and more friends, a very heartwarming story.

The manga author/artist really do a good job with the babies, they are so cute. 

All the character got their personality and the story is light, the relationship between character also hilarious and fun. I read this many times too, I think I'll give it a go again after this post 😂.

That's my February favorite manga, see you next post.

No comments :

Post a Comment