Monday, May 16, 2022

Miscellaneous: Delicious Things At End Of 2021

ThroughDDayBlogger
Englisher Cake

I might stop at almost everything work related but at the time I'm still making and enjoying these delicious things. 

Englisher cake or Nastar Cake  ( if using Pineapple Jam in it) was one of my to do list 2021, and I did make it before year end. I'm so happy and proud of the result.

TangYuan ...  enjoy during Winter Solstice , as the temperature drops, it is also a time for families to get together and feast upon 汤圆 (onde2).... the word ‘汤圆’ (tangyuan) is a homophone for ‘团圆’, which means reunion and togetherness. This symbolism is illustrated by the roundness of the balls and the sweetness of the broth.

Onde-onde, that's how me and my family and most of people that I know call this dish except my father 🤣. In Indonesia, Onde-onde is refer to the shape , round shape... (imo) that's why this dish can be call Onde-onde, the fried one with sesame seed also Onde-onde and the one with palm sugar filling coated with coconut shredded also.

There are sweet things and there are savory things, so does Onde-onde ...the savory version is not common on my household, luckily my mom's friend gave them to use ... I like it ! 

ThroughDDayBlogger
Onde-onde Sweet Style

ThroughDDayBlogger
Onde-onde Savory Style

ThroughDDayBlogger
Mud Potato Cake

And for today, I'm gonna share my Father fav ( one of many ) traditional snack.

Mud Potato Cake

250 gr Boiled Potato ( Mashed)
125gr All Purpose Flour
100gr Sugar
1  Egg
Splash of Vanilla
60 gr Melted Butter
Yellow Food Coloring (Optional)
Dash of Salt
200 ml Coconut Milk or Milk

Mixed All until thoroughly combine, then bake/cook them in Mud Potato Cake Snack Maker mold (bite size) ...  or , I think outside of Indonesia can use muffin mold and bake in the oven 😅

Easy to make, easy to eat and delicious.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Traditional Cake , Mud Potato Cake

That's for today post, till next post.... have a great day.

No comments :

Post a Comment