Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Miscellaneous: Chiffon and more

 My fav Cake .

ThroughDDayBlogger
Black Glutinous Rice Chiffon Cake

I barely make cake, but I like to make Chiffon.

When I first time make this cake, I failed a lot ... sometimes it wasn't rise, sometimes my mold too small , sometimes it got too big bubble in it , but when I nailed it ... it became my fav cake to make.

I like it looks  (tall) and I like the light texture and its not hardened out if its cooling down, that's why I like it. While other cake like pound cake or or butter cake ( like marble or banana cake) they are great too... but because they tend to be a bit dry (for me) after cooling , I rather eat them warm ... I need   fluffy taste for my cake 😆

Recently ... I made Black Glutinous Rice Powder Chiffon Cake , just because I happen to have the Black Glutinous Rice Powder ... for the same reason I actually made Black Glutinous Rice (powder) Cake, but because it  got lower gluten ( I mixed it with a bit flour) ... I found it a bit crumbly ... its good but crumbly ... I like a clean eat 😆

Anyway ... I know Chiffon recipe already easy to find on the net, but let me share what I use ...

ThroughDDayBlogger
Black Glutinous Rice Chiffon Cake  (Slice)

Black Glutinous Chiffon 

In a bowl mix these ingredient ...

  • 7 Yolk
  • 75 gr Coconut Milk
  • 4 gr Pandan Essence  / Vanilla
  • 95 gr Sugar
  • 3 gr Salt
  •  83ml Cooking Oil ( I use Palm Oil)

Then shift in ...

  • 50 gr Black Glutinous Rice Powder
  • 100 gr All Purpose Flour
  • Optional , I'm adding a Black food coloring , just to bring out the Blackness other wise it would be too faint ( because it only use a little of Black Glutinous Powder 

On another bowl beat ...

  • 7 White Eggs
  • 1 gr Cream Of Tartar or 1sdt Lemon Juice or White Vinegar
  • and add in 100gr sugar (add it in three part) until soft/hard peak

* I personally beat it till soft peak, because I think if its hard peak ...the cake would  a bit stiff ... not flexible 😅  ... that just me... 😆

Then combine it with the yolk etc batter ... in three part until thoroughly combine , pour it in to Chiffon mold... no grease no spray... just nothing so the batter can climb and stick to the mold ( because we gonna flip the mold later while cooling it) 

Bake in preheated oven 160°C for 45 min to 1 hour or according to your oven ( use skewer test if you not sure)

After it fully baked, take it out from the oven and flip it up side down an until it warm or cool completely, then take it out and serve.

Aside from Chiffon I also made, Dried Fruit Cake and Fried Pineapple / Pineapple Fritter.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Dried Fruit Cake


ThroughDDayBlogger
Dried Fruit Cake (Slice)

ThroughDDayBlogger
Pineapple Fritter

For the drink, I made Averrhoa bilimbi ( Belimbing Wuluh) juice/syrup ... I got the tree, so I made one ( actually I just found I can make drink out of it ... and I like it).

I don't have the before pic... since I use it all for the syrup making 😁

ThroughDDayBlogger
Averrhoa Bilimbi Juice/Syrup

 That's for today post, till next time.

* Instagram : @deltaechovictorindia

No comments :

Post a Comment