Thursday, February 11, 2021

Miscellaneous: Cookies

 My hands are full.

ThroughDDayBlog
Katetong or Cat Tongue Cookie

So does my cookie Jars.

Even tho I finished making cookies for CNY ... tomorrow I still need to baking cake for CNY hamper.

But... my main task is finished and I am so proud! I even making one of my favorite cookies ... Katetong or Cat Tongue Cookies ... or Shiroi Koibito Cookies (because it is taste very similar, imo)

Most of other cookies using egg or yolk so I ended up with lots of white eggs. And Katetong Cookies is made from white eggs... so it is perfect.

This cookies also got many variation, a modern variation like Green Tea flavor, or Rainbow color ... but for me plain is the best but for a festive feeling... I top it up with Cheese. Yummy!

Next is ...

Othello Cookies ... or at least this cookie is known by this name in my recipe book or Indonesia 😁. Kinda similar with Thumbprint Cookies ...but with this I made the dent using a chopstick. I like the jam visual, delicious too.


ThroughDDayBlog
Othello Cookies

Brownie Cookies , or Chocolate Cookies. This cookies filled with Almond and Cashew and Choco Chips and topped with White Choco Chip. I like it... and I am not a Chocolate person. Lovely!

ThroughDDayBlog
Brownies Cookies


ThroughDDayBlog
Nastar

Nastar or Pineapple Cookies or Pineapple Tart Cookies. This cookies is very popular in Indonesia. This cookies will be in any occasion or even ready at the store just ready to grab for snack.

The shape also came in many form ... my family used to make it look like a Tomato shape ... thus we (my family) call this cookies Tomato Cookies. Other put the jam on top the cookie, so it looks like flower. Or put it in side the cookies but the dough got pattern that made from a pinch (?!) tool... and many more.

But because I made  it on my own to my own consumption and I had no time to waste to make TOmato pattern... plus IT the TASTE that matter. I made it like this ... as many other people does. 

Cookies these days also adopt a minimalism style LOL.

I LOVE IT! Melt in the mouth.. bite size .. means I can eat this in a one go. Nice!

ThroughDDayBlog
Sultana

Sultana or Raisin Cookies. There are three cookies that identified with CNY imo or at least to my family. Pineapple Cookies or Nastar ... which is very popular in Indonesia ... 

 
Second is Durian Cookies ... nowadays people call this Nastar Durian and start to gain popularity... but in my family or my area (Sulawesi) we made this cookies every year for CNY.
 
Third ... Sultana or Raisin Cookies. I think this cookies is particular in Sulawesi because my friends in Jakarta n Jawa doesn't know what this cookie are... but of course some are but not overly so.
 
This is my first time made it. Many people use different technique to make it. Because the tricky part is to sandwich the Jam between the dough...the overal cookies can't be thick .. means dough thickness need to be equal thin... and  then cut in to equal size.

Many step ... but I did it ... and it is very delicious.... one of my fav cookies too. Yummy!!!!

 

ThroughDDayBlog
Sultana In The Making

ThroughDDayBlog
Sultana After Baked

That's for today's journal or blog. See you next time and happy CNY  for those who celebrate . Stay safe and have a good day.


No comments :

Post a Comment