Thursday, May 14, 2020

Travel: Till We Meet Again, Kyoto

This will be my last post about my travel last February ... when live was better than today... (cause you know Covid-19)

ThroughDDayBlogger
Inari Soba
Using Shinkansen, off we went for Kyoto. I took of Osaka from my itinerary because ... in my opinion Osaka great for shopping not for sightseeing. 

After arrived me and my cousin went for our accommodation... and those luggage really kill us, I almost fell off the stair because not all station got a lux elevator or escalator... and it even hard to get in Kyoto. At least in my experience.

Anyhow, after arrive... we went for sightseeing... Inari Shrine and Yasaka Shrine, I went there before and happy to went there again... problem is... I always arrive night in Yasaka ... I got no decent pics of it... guess I need to go there again ... soon.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Kyoto Night From Yasaka Shrine

Next morning... off we went for Arashiyama... and the wind somehow par with Sapporo freeze temp. But it's a nice weather and it's sunny.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Arashiyama
Because it was morning.... I've yet to eat my breakfast... so I eat my breakfast on the river banks... a ritual I developed since my second return to Japan.

And by the way we use bus... I'm so proud of it, because the very first time I got to Kyoto... I was bad on how to read the bus map ... what station to where, what number and what else.... it was struggle. Now .. also struggle but I can breath a bit.LOL.

ThroughDDayBlogger
My fav bread ... always on my bag.

From the river banks we walk and window shopping and shopping to the train station... for Nara.

ThroughDDayBlogger
A cute bread from local bakery

ThroughDDayBlogger
Cute Jizos on the sidewalk.

Arrived in nara... proceed with Nara Day Pass.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Nara Day Pass
First stop... Kasuga Taisha. I love the nature surround the area... a little bit hiking and almost lost because I want to see another site... but failed.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Deer At Kasuga Taisha Entrance
NExt Todaiji Temple, I once bought a Strawberry Daifuku here at the Todaiji's Entrance path ... but for some reason I feel like the Daifuku size has shrink a bit. Tasty... but shrink!

ThroughDDayBlogger
Strawberry Daifuku

ThroughDDayBlogger
Todaiji Temple

ThroughDDayBlogger
Daibutsu
Todaiji Daibutsu bigger by much than Daibutsu in Kamakura ... and in Kamakura it was made from metal ...iron perhaps ... but Todaiji's might be from wood... please google it just to be sure. Because when I was there , I got this very woody feeling... all made from wood, it seems.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Using Nara Pass ... next stop.. actually we already heading back to the station.... Kofukuji. Nothing much to be seen actually, but they have pagoda that different from Chinese pagoda ... I've seen four stories in ... i forgot the place name (near Shirakawa Go)... but here is five stories ...while Chinese is many more stories and and the building is more cylindrical or eight side... while Japan as far as I remember ... got four side building.

ThroughDDayBlogger
The Viral Mochi, Nakatanidou

Next we grab a fresh mochi from Nakatanidou ... sadly it's a bit cold ...not so much good as the fresh one tho.

And we went for Daiso.. for snacks and Mos burger for dinner... bacause it's in the same market with the mochi vendor.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Mos Burger

NEXT! Using one day Kyoto Bus PAss... In morning... we visit Kinkakuji.
Just same pics with the postcard or advertising.... Golden!

ThroughDDayBlogger
Kinkakuji

Then, with bus... to Kitano Tenmangu... if you want to enjoy plum in middle of Kyoto ... Kitano Tenmangu is a great place

ThroughDDayBlogger
Ume Flower

ThroughDDayBlogger
Kitano Tenmangu Shrine 1

ThroughDDayBlogger
Kitano Tenmangu 2

Then of to Kiyomizu-dera Temple ... and enjoy the Sunset.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Sunset At Kiyomizu-dera

I really enjoy my time in Japan... something was different from my two visit before... but overal it's a nice visit and I would love to visit it again soon. After this pandemic is over... I hope it will be sooner than later.

It's really trouble some to use mask all the time.. but then you must not just because you don't want to catch any disease  or don't want to transmitted the disease ... but because everybody using it. LOL.

Anyhow.. that's my last reporting of my last vacation.... and I will hold to this till the next vacation.

Visit my Instagram for more @barelydevi for my work and @deltaechovictorindia for my non work ^^.
Have a great day, stay safe, be patient and see you next post.

No comments :

Post a Comment