Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Travel : Japan Trip 2020, Tokyo, Otaru and Sapporo

My journey ...

p1
My Journey
On 7th February 2020 I bound to Singapore with my cousin. Transit overnight so we really took our time for pictures, shopping and eat on Jewel Changi.

This is my first time on Jewel and a very long time since I travel to Singapore, so at first I thought lets just spend the time inside the airport, because if you want to visit Jewel, we need to pass the custom... and with Corona virus on the rise... somehow at that time, I just don't want to deal with the hassle of custom check etc.

But then my friend convince me, so I did. We did some shopping, window shopping and diner... also watch the vortex fountain and enjoy the Canopy Park..

CanopyPark
Canopy Park Ticket
Canopy Park2
Canopy Park Flower Garden
By 8 or 9 PM we go back to the Airport and start looking for resting place. Luckily we got a lounge chair, so we can sleep better for tomorrow morning flight. If you ever got stranded in Changi for long time transit, you might want to check terminal 3 waiting room, you can find more lounge chair there.

We bound from Singapore to Osaka at 8.30 AM and got there on schedule 15.40 PM.
After passed the custom and claimed our baggage, off we go to change our JR Pass voucher, no problem at all. Then I said to the JR lady that I want to go to Tokyo ... last time I visit I need not to reserve seat for it, but the lady reserved seat for me this time.. why not.

And usually when you reserve a seat, they will give you the shortest span of travel time, the most efficient path.. so that is a plus... on the negative side... you can't change seat... no matter how empty other seat... I tried.. just to take a pic on the window... I got "corrected"

Back to my JR pass process.... I said I also want to to up my Icocca card, and she encourage me to do that in Tokyo, because my train will take off soon. I found that funny and heartwarming, because I rarely encounter ticketing officer that care if their customer late or not... especially if I got my unlimited ticket with me.
Anyhow.. to Tokyo we went.

JR Train
JR Train Tickets
We got to Tokyo, specifically on Ryogoku station for my  booked hostel... and on the web it said 5 minutes from Ryogoku Sta ...apparently not the JR sta... so note for my next journey.. pay attention to what type station 😅.

We got there eventually, nice place... very comfortable.... I am willing to stay there again in the future. Free welcome drink on the entrance, spacious common room with foot bath... but because Corona virus... I quickly retreat ( already dipped in tho). I booked a female dormitory room for 6.. inside include a toilet and bathroom... very nice ... but a bit struggle to open two large suitcase... but I manage.

Day one finish.  My whole body was exhausted.. but I still pamper my self with a nice foot massage and face mask... for tomorrow I'll meet my friends.

Day two... I arrange meeting with friends on Asakusa, since it was outdoor street market, so my cousin can enjoy the view  and took pics and I can chat with my friends.

We visit the temple, Senjo-Ji, pray and got our self a smoke bath after that we snacking Melon bread and off for lunch. I don;t remember what I ate, but I like it... and that's the important part. My friend choose this place because I never eat this kind of dish , at this kind of place. Well.. if I can seat and eat .. I'm good 😎. Not my cousin tho LOL... but she apparently she had no objection too.

F1
Teppanyaki ?!
F2
Seafood Platter
F3
I Forgot The Name , But It's Delicious
F4
Fried Noodles Ingredients
 My friends also invited us for a cruise along Sumida River and then walk to Ginza to meet up with my other friend. It's a lovely day... I'm so happy that my friends can spare time to met me.

On day three.... early morning... we bound for Otaru.

Since each of us bring a big suitcase, I decided to store my suitcase on coin locker and then use my cousin suitcase for both of us to Otaru (since hers is smaller than mine). So we did that.

Iccoca
Iccoca as My locker key
I do lots of internet googling for "how to use coin locket" , because many type of it... there is manual key, coin and then card... a day before I kept my eyes open for a big locker and the position of it so on the actual day, I need not to waste time for looking . At the Ryogoku station there is a card coin locker on the West gate/exit and because next hostel after return from Otaru was on Asakusabashi sta... so Ryogoku Sta is a suitable place for me to put my suitcase (only one sta from Asakusabashi).
Don't lose your card... it also your key.

I think it will work on any card ... like Suica , Pasmo etc

So the next day..
We woke up early and off around six in the morning. After approximately nine hours from Tokyo to Otaru, we got to see how the scenery change and feel the weather turn biting.. and I got wrong clothes with me.... another note for future me.
And turn out my hostel is FAR away from OTARU sta... even tho the web said it was ten , fifteen minutes... but because a bumpy road and biting weather and oh... it's snowy too... I WAS miserable. Another note for me.

The hostel was okay... but I wont stay there again in the future... no coffee as it ad .. and I do need coffee especially when the weather is freezing... I can buy... but that means I need to go out.... no no.

Anyhow... we did go out that night, My aim was the Otaru canal... but I think my phone also in shock... I ended up in the mini snow festival... with many cute snow lantern.

Ice1
Ice Flower Lantern
Ice2
Owl Snow Lantern
Ice3
Small Flower Lanter
Ice4
Snows Lanterns
And then.... I can feel my feet so we heading back to hostel and call it a day.

Next day, we went for the canal, and then Sapporo Snow Fest.

S1
My boot on snow 😄
OtaruCanal
Otaru Canal

PC
Sapporo Snow Festival Postcards

Statue1
Family Snow ?!

Statue2
Castle Snow
To see such GRAND festival in the middle of the city I presume ... it really are ..WOW... and more WOW because it's SNOWY!!!

Next time I'll prepare better and enjoy it more.
We head back to Sapporo sta using an underground passage.... it's warmer than above... and on the passage there are booths / vendors that sell cheap snow boots, gloves , foods and craft...and fast food like Subway and McD.

The next day we heading back to Tokyo, so again super early wake up... so early even the snow yet to be scrape from the road... luckily there is one TAXI.. fiuh... I almost melted down in the middle of that snow,LOL.

So by far journey from Tokyo to Sapporo and back was my biggest concern because I need to get the earliest Shinkansen the better... the later I depart... there is a change I won't make it in time and got stranded in the station... so after I got back to Tokyo... all is peachy.


That's for today post, have a great day. Next will be... at Tokyo...

No comments :

Post a Comment