Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Travel : My 2014 Japan Trip

Well well well ....can't we choose something more ancient than 2014 ...😅 ( answer for that question ... don't challenge me, LOL)

Why 2014?
Actually, it't not about the time, but more about the trip or the activity or the "travel"  it self.I do have my 2017 Japan Trip, but for today let me share the 2014's trip.

If any of you know have Indonesian friend/s , they will tell you kurang piknik (not enough picnic)  is not good. And i just about that these days, i need picnic, i need to go somewhere else , i need TRAVEL!

And that key word , bring us or at least me to my ancient travel pictures. Let me walk you through it.

Japan Trip 2014
Flashback


In 2014 me and my friend visited Japan. This was our first time in Japan.
We bought a promo airplane tickets from Jakarta to Osaka (return too)
It was two weeks trip, we visit Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo.

I wont go detail on this post, after all this is just a flashback and a reminder (i also forgot some detail anyway)

This trip is special to me , my first time for many things (afteral this is my first Japan trip) but also this is the trip where i get involved with the preparation 😁 (so proud).
By that i meant , my first time make my own Visa ,usually i use travel agent for this matter because most embassy are not available at my nearest city, but for Japan, lucky me. Also i schedule all the itinerary down to the budget and how to get to each place.
Why too detail , because we are on budget , so detail is important. We can afford internet of course, but what if its slow, or what if we change city and it wont work, and many more unnecessary excuse to save the budget. Lucky us, our AIRBNB  (in Tokyo)  apartment host provide us with portable wi-fi, so its a great bonus.

In Kyoto we stay at Khaosan Kyoto Guesthouse , convenient, clean and at the center of Kyoto.
We visited Nishiki Market ,Inari Shrine , Kiyomizudera Temple , Gion (later in 2017 , i realize , i didn't visit it) . Also shop  LOFT , tried St.Marc Cafe's croissant  and eat at Standing Ramen Shop (at least it's what i called it 😎 )

Kyoto
Funny or awkward story while we went for Standing Ramen, we queuing outside the store and not one but two person skipped us LOL then we realize you suppose to wait inside (on our defense, it was a small store, and packed ,so we thought the queuing action should be perform outside , hahaha) 

Next Tokyo
We stayed in apartment from AIRBNB , thought we lost when looking for the place,  then we got trouble retrieve the room key from the post box (?!), luckily i have my comb to help me to fish it out.
Place comfy, host great (he really helpful and gave use extra discount for the room , happy ^^)
We visited DISNEYLAND ( my first ever!) , Edo-Tokyo Museum , Kichijoji Area , Meiji Shrine , Mt.Fuji and i forgot the rest.
Disneyland ... land of dreams, nuff said, LOVE IT!
When we went for Edo Tokyo Museum, at station of the museum, there was a board full with Sumo Athlete hand palm print, they are HUGE.
Another plan was to visit Ghibli Museum , but we cannot find the ticket aka SOLD, so friend of mine look for it at the internet and found ...(what you call it..) a company who bought all the ticket then sell it again way more than the original price. I was on budget, after all i'm sure i'll be back one day, so i didn't bought it. Long story short, my friend bought it and went to the Ghibli Museum on her own, meanwhile I was wandering around the area (Kichijoji) and i was very pleased.
On other day, my Japanese friends invite us for dinner at KILL BILL restaurant, so cool, the waitress (?!),  employee at the restaurant are foreigner, my friend said , the restaurant is global/ international restaurant so they can hire a foreigner (sort of?)
For Mt.Fuji, i booked a bus, the idea was, took a picture of Fuji San ... but .. we lost in the area ( i dunno how to read the map) and its raining so no Fuji San. Instead we see a farmer market, met a cute shiba-inu and make a new friend from Netherland who also lost or at least seems so , haha.
Sibuya crossing and Hachiko statue, we did that too.
Tokyo1
Tokyo 1

Tokyo2
Tokyo2
 Next Osaka
Because we are lazy, we took wrong Shinkansen to bound for Osaka, so we pay it with stopped at every station. We late for check in  and i got migraine.
At Osaka we stayed at guesthouse (also from AIRBNB
The neighborhood  a little bit wary , but i love the cereal that the guesthouse provide us , so its lovely place  😂, make new friends too.
We went to Osaka Aquarium , Dontonburi , Shinsaibashi , also met up with my Japanese friend at Harukas.

Osaka
Osaka
Interesting story about the gesture that warm my heart was when my Japanese friend invite us for pancake treat ,  but we just ate our lunch so we decide to order just one pancake ,like any menu, it was one pancake per serve , so obviously we will divided it on our own later.
When it was served, it became three little piece of pancake, turn out my Japanese friend talk to the waiter , and they (the restaurant or the cook or the waiter) accommodate our need. Its really nice, i was happy.


That was my flash back, somewhat i feel a little bit better, but still i need my picnic.

I share lot of my travel pics on my personal instagram @deltaechovictorindia  (kindly check)
See you next post.

No comments :

Post a Comment