Sunday, February 26, 2023

Miscellaneous: Curry And Coconut

 I craved for curry.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Cocktail Buns

My fav Curry is Japanese curry ... and I made it with instant Curry roux.

I fell in love with this dish in Shanghai, so now every time I eat it ... it reminds me of Shanghai , LOL.

I made it the day before and when I re-heated it in the morning... I thought eating it with bread would be good, I mean... Curry Bread is exist  ... the difference is...my Curry and Bread are separated LOL.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Bread And Curry

And then... I was watching YT and saw a flat bread .... I thought that flat bread would goes well with my leftover curry... So I made it and I enjoy it very much.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Flat Bread And Curry

 
Last I made Cocktail Bun, another love of my stomach is COCONUT bread, but the Coconut bread that I ever enjoy was Indonesia traditional Coconut bread... the one that was sell by traditional bread seller on trishaw (?!) 

Anyway... I made those before but I was looking to upgrade it a bit, so I found this Cocktail bun.

Filling are different with the traditional one... matter a fact it completely different taste and texture. First time made it and it was a success, I also re-use my oval mold and I think I use it better that the last time I tried it.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Cocktail/Coconut Bun


 So for today, let me share the filling that I use for this bread. For the bread dough... use what ever enriched bread recipe that you've got.

For the filling , some recipe use egg ...I prefer not too because for some reason I was worried if it would not cook through 😅 and because I alredy use a enriched dough for the bread... I think it would be too much if I add more protein than it already had in once recipe.

Cocktail Bun Filling

  • 30 gr All Purpose Flour
  • 100 gr Butter
  • 35gr Sugar
  • 50gr Shredded Coconut/Desiccated Coconut 
  • 35gr Milk Powder
Note: For this filling, I think of you don't have dried desiccated coconut , you can sub it with fresh grated coconut. But it's better to steam it for 10 minute  , just to prevent it turn sour (inside the dough) or at least that I would like to do, it taste better and I don;t have to worry if it turns bad inside the bread.

 Cocktail Bun Topping

  • 30 gr Butter 
  • 15gr Icing Sugar 
  • 25gr AP Flour 
  • 5gr Egg

So after filling the dough and let it proof, apply egg wash then stripped it with Cocktail Bun Topping and sesame seeds, oven at 180° C (preheated)  for 13 minutes or according to your oven and your golden brown taste .

That's for today post,have a great day and see you next post ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment