Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Miscellaneous: Corn, Brownies and Ketoprak

It suppose to be a tiny bread ... but I make it normal size.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Sweet Corn Bread

I'm still baking on daily basis, I still sell some of them too. 

And  this time I tried to make a bread that I ate when I was in collage. It was a Corn bread , that's what we call it here in Indonesia. But to be more exact it was a Sweet Condense Milk Corn bread.

This bread actually a flavor for Mini bread ( Roti Unyil) that famous in Bogor, Unyil or mini or tiny. 

I happen to stumble upon a frozen Sweet Corn, so I decide to make the bread... in normal size, I'm adding cheese thus the filling became Jasuke ( JAgung SUsu Keju , Corn Milk Cheese) which this snack also hype in Indonesia a while ago.

Verdict... I like it, my mom like it too, it is a success.

Another things that I tried was .... partition pan for Brownies

ThroughDDayBlogger
Brownies

I like how it looks, its neat and clean...  to wash the pan a bit hassle even tho the partition can be remove but I still happy with it and will continue to use it.

Lastly, even I rarely cook, but I do sometimes ...like when my mom not at home or when she want me to cook something that she like but she didn't know where to start LOL.

For this time, she want KETOPRAK

ThroughDDayBlogger
Ketoprak

From Wikipedia >>> "Ketoprak consists of sliced fried tofu, steamed rice cake ( ketupat), sliced cabbage and cucumber, bihun (thin rice vermicelli), bean sprouts, served in peanut sauce, topped with krupuk and fried shallots. The fried tofu can be considered as the centerpiece of the dish, since it is freshly fried directly after customer placed their order, to ensure its freshness and hotness.

The peanut sauce is made from ground peanut and palm sugar made into a thick paste, mixed with garlic, chili pepper, salt and also kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)" 

This dish is very easy, the difficult part was only to make the steamed rice cake. But since I am in Indonesia ... I can get ketupat everywhere... so I went to Coto Makassar vendor, I bought some and the rest are easy.

The peanut sauce, I'm using peanut that was fried then blend or crush .. but I blend it . For alternative the peanut can be substitute with peanut butter imo, because I done this when I was living abroad in Shanghai I made Gado-gado ( similar dish using peanut sauce, but different filling, Gado-gado more green veggies) , Anyway I'm using peanut butter for the sauce of course with some tweak like adding garlic a bit water, chicken stock, salt etc.

Let me share a recipe that I use that I found in the internet 😆

KETOPRAK RECIPE

Ingredients

  • 5 pcs small Tofu ( or as you like), fried
  • 50 gr Rice Vermicelli (boil till cook, drain the water, set aside)
  • 250 gr Bean Sprout ( blanch  with hot water , drain the water ,set aside)
  • 4 pcs cooked Ketupat or something like this >>>(Amazon Link) handle according to the package*

 Saus Kacang Ketoprak:

  • 250 gr Peanut,
  • 6 clove Garlic
  • 5 Chili Padi or hot chili (?!)
  • 100 ml warm water (adjust to your liking, but it should not be too runny)
  • 1 sdt Salt

 Bahan Pelengkap Ketoprak:

  • Kecap Manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
  • Fried Shallot
  • Fried Krupuk (tapioca cracker ?!)>>> Amazon Link

How To Do:

  • Cut all the ingredient and plate it
  • sauce: Put all the Ingredient to the blender, blend till smooth , if using Peanut Butter ( creamy or chunky) , mash the Garlic and Chili then mix all the sauce ingredient till well combine.
  • Pour the sauce on top the Ingredient, garnish with Indonesian sweet soy sauce , fried shallot and krupuk.
  • Enjoy

That's for today post... till next time.

No comments :

Post a Comment