Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Interesting: April's Mangas Favorite

 Come to think ... I guess my default is Shounen Manga

ThroughDDayBlogger
Silver Spoon or Gin No Saji  (Image from Internet ^^)

This week been horrible and I've been looking something to lift my mood.

One of them is Manga. When I'm feeling down .. I notice I'm not going for lovey dovey story , be it manga or novel... none... I go for adventure!

And I remember there was a manga that I long to read , The Heroic Legend of Arslan / Arslan Senki by Arakawa Hiromu.

I read this manga-ka work before ... Full Metal Alchemist and Gin No Saji ... I like them all !

So when I read Arslan ... I also go back again for Metal Alchemist and Gin No Saji.

Work wonder at lifting my mood.

Some manga-ka really great at building a character, and Arakawa Hiromi is one of them.

Full Metal Alchemist

ThroughDDayBlogger
Full Metal Alchemist (Image from Internet ^^)

"In an alchemical ritual gone wrong, Edward Elric lost his arm and his leg, and his brother Alphonse became nothing but a soul in a suit of armor. Equipped with mechanical "auto-mail" limbs, Edward becomes a state alchemist, seeking the one thing that can restore his brother and himself... the legendary Philosopher's Stone"

 In this book ... I /we can clearly see the evolve of Arakawa-san drawing/art throughout the series. 

This story got the comedic bit, sorrow bit and most of all there is friendship in it. I really like it.

 

Gin No Saji

 

ThroughDDayBlogger
Gin No Saji (Image from Internet ^^)

"A young boy named Yugo Hachiken aspires to live apart from his family. He enrolls in an agriculture school, one which requires its students to live in dormitories. He thinks that with his talent for studying, no problems will arise no matter what kind of school he goes to. But he is soon forced to discover the inconvenient truth about agricultural life. Enjoy the story of Hachiken as he tries to keep up with his friends, farmers' heirs who are already accustomed to a hardworking farm life.

Note: Won the 5th Manga Taishō Award's Grand Prize and the 58th Shogakukan Manga Award (Shōnen category) in 2012. Won the first Japan Food Culture Contents Award in 2013. Nominated for the 19th annual Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize in 2015."

Kind of slice of life manga and school life. Again, there is comedic bit in it and friendship but also got sprinkle of romance.

 Arslan Senki

ThroughDDayBlogger
Arslan (Image from Internet ^^)

 

"In the prosperous kingdom of Pars lies the Royal Capital of Ecbatana, a city of splendor and wonder, ruled by the undefeated and fearsome King Andragoras. Arslan is the young and curious prince of Pars who, despite his best efforts, doesn't seem to have what it takes to be a proper king like his father.
At the age of 14, Arslan goes to his first battle and loses everything as the blood-soaked mist of war gives way to scorching flames, bringing him to face the demise of his once glorious kingdom. However, it is Arslan's destiny to be a ruler, and despite the trials that face him, he must now embark on a journey to reclaim his fallen kingdom."

When I read this manga, I thought just like Full Metal Alchemist, the story is very well research and well prepare , turn out it was adaptation from a novel.

I enjoy this story so far and can't wait to see the main character when he become a legend.

That's for today post ... till next post ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment