Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Miscellaneous : Let's Review Some Drama

 I do enjoy tv drama series.

ThroughDDayBlog
Chef Fang

Every year end I got two habit that somehow formed naturally over years. One of them is excessively watching tv series... and this year ... no differ.

My type of story is a happy ending one, how about sad ending or confusing or hanging ending ... I watch them too ... but I hate them too LOL. Not good for my mood, that's why I avoid them.

Back to tv series. I watch Korean drama and Chinese Drama, I don't watch Japanese Drama except for a detective story kind of drama... I have my own reason which I've yet able to write it properly... so maybe other time, when it's time.

Between Korean and Chinese drama, I lean to Korean , acting, story, cinematography and series length. Tho Chinese drama imo still lack of lots of thing, but I still watch them... especially the costume drama and it help my mandarin 😎.

Korean drama (that I watch)  gave me a good closure, there is no loose end, it finished properly. Most of the production elements like writer, talent, director and etc work compliment each other... it's a good work group (?!).

In Chinese drama ... whether  because the series to long so the talent lost their character in the filming process, or the director need to meet the dead line or maybe the tight and busy schedule so the work became lack of focus by the episodes ... in the end the story or the series became dull. 

Add to that I had bad habit when I was able to control or navigate the film that I watch, by that I meant if I can binge watch it ... means I can fast forward it and repeat it as I like. And this habit became worse when I feel bored with the pace or the story flow of the series. Honestly, I think watch a movie or film diligently is not my job , it's the film job to hold my attention... if they failed then the least I can do is enjoy the way that I could... fast forward. 

This habit mostly happen when I watch C-Drama , rarely happen with K-Drama.

Enough with the intro... lets dive to my fav drama or at least drama that I like to watch repeatedly, in this post... we start with C-Drama.

Most recent ....

1. The Sleepless Princess

ThroughDDayBlog
Sleepless Princess , Princess and General (MyDramalist)

ThroughDDayBlog
Princess and General Wedding (MyDramalist)

As I surf the net for drama, I found this story, I recognize the female lead from Pet At Dali Temple Tv Drama. At that time I think the female lead really cute. So I gave this drama a watch, the base story is simple , chemistry between character is good, not just romance chemistry. No too complicated love rivalry  and seems like by the end most of the character got their own partner tho some character was killed ( I like that character tho). And ... happy ending ... I LOVE it!

To enjoy the warm happy ending .. you need to watch The Sleepless Princess Special tho... for a moment there my heart was breaking.. but then I found the special and I was saved LOL.

The con was, overly emotional for something that actually no one fault. Reason why the male lead go back to the capital was because the death of his brother. I understand this issue are sensitive since the male lead thought the Emperor had something to do with it... good base conflict, but turn out it's not and he ended up blame the female lead that know nothing about it, but somewhat involve . 

Some clip does show the male lead and brother past ...but only one or two part.... and for me that's not enough to deliver the message to the viewer how much the brother death impacted the male leads ... so when he show a very emotional reaction to the female lead over his brother death.... it's a bit confusing for me. In my mind how does a good memory or a grateful feeling or feeling to someone that you look up to can topple his love and everything they been through together with female lead so easily like that.  So yeah there is many ups and downs like this.

Then , tho the lovey dovey chemistry is so sweet, but most of the time two leads end up work opposite to each other in order to protect each other. What I want to see not only good romance but also good team work between the lead and character.

But overall .. this is worth watching and I hope both leads can meet again in good story tv drama NEAR future.

2.  My Roommate Is A Detective

ThroughDDayBlog
My Roommate IS A Detective (MyDramalist)

ThroughDDayBlog
Police, Detective and Dog (MyDramalist)
 

I like this story ... it's a detective story. Plot not complicated and not too drama. From the net, I heard this story was adapt from a manhua or a novel (?!) and it was a BL type of story but when they adapt it to a tv series they added  female lead hence the trio. 

Which explain my confusion about the title ...the roommate is indeed the female lead, but when watching it I felt it suppose to be two lead male kind of story ...not a BL but more like bromance . Either way I like it. The main focus here is the detective story then they dash a bit of romance as a sweetener.

Talent cast for the character is a fit choice. First male lead is smart but still the story not ripped the innocent in him, so there is room for growing. Second male lead is kind and somewhat a brother type that very open and loyal to his friend. Female lead is clever and brave as suppose for the rebel character that want to break free from her gang family.

All the character had their own role... if in other drama I 'm sure they will add the love triangle formula to it... but not with this one. Another reason why I like this series.

It's a happy ending, but at a same time it's like an opening ending (?!) which smart, because if they want to make a season two ... they can. But I would rather not if they not prepare a good script. Why ruin something that already good.

I recommend this! Costume was nice, story a comedic... my type of story which I know rare to have a funny story with the time setting they use in the film. Usually when I watch story with that time setting .. all of it is TRAGIC or DRAMATIC! So I'm enjoy this tv series very much.

Enjoy this series in iQIYI (link for my referall code ^^)

3. Chef Fang

ThroughDDayBlog
Chef Fang (MyDramalist)

ThroughDDayBlog
Chef Fang And Husband (MyDramalist)

I watch this series last year. It's simple story and got two element that I also like... food and detective story.

For me this series a top notch, whenever I felt irritated after watching certain series... I always watching this drama again. The plot is simple... not an explosive kind of romance but a sweet romance. And there is a team work. Most of series when people call it romantic... all I see is a quarrel or fight or  misunderstanding between the leads ... like really ... that formula was abuse since a long time.

This series is about a wife that support her husband , a couple that enjoy their time together and appreciate one and another. It's a good series, very enjoyable!

I read some comment about how shallow this series to instill something that refuse polygamy and loyal to one partner or wife... tho in that era, it's natural if people that can afford to have several wife. When I read that comment ... I like this series even more, LOL.

This story like a fable story... it's good because it's not overly cringy.. overly drama. My type of series.

I have no complaint to from the talent that portray the character... it deliver what it should be deliver...  since this not overly emotional series... the acting also not necessary overly drama.

Cinematography... the color of this drama is good... the editor did a good job.

Enjoy this series in iQIYI (link for my referall code ^^)

RECOMMENDED .

I want to review a series every time I finish watch  them... but most of the time I was left with an IRK feeling ( C-Drama ) which make me hold my finger and try to regulate my words before I post it. Now I already found three drama that I like ... I can start the review ... why... because it would be wrong if I start a review post that contain a complaint for the first time LOL.

Next time ... it might be a complaint piece. 

That's for today.. see you next time.

No comments :

Post a Comment