Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Travel: Preparing For My 2020 Japan Trip

I visit this country two times and I've no plan to stop.

SOS
My Snacks On Shinkansen
I actually already back from my vacation ... but I can't post anything using my smartphone plus I am bad at multi tasking... I can't do vacation and posting blog post at a same time LOL

I always eager and want to visit Japan again, but financially ... I always got held back. Since my last trip to Japan, I haven't go out again until I went to Australia.

Add to that, since last year thanks to bold political or economic steps from some minister in my country ... plane ticket price are sky rocket ... only domestic... but it still affect me, since usually when I was about to travel oversea I need to fly to Jakarta first.

Anyhow, out of my boredom and desperation... I found an ad post on social media ... it's a promo to Japan on the time that I want because there is festival I'm longing to see.... AND ... it's straight from my city... so yeah .. I bought it.

I invite a friend to join me, which she eagerly say yes then canceled because her sister gonna be marry on that period of time...  instead my cousin was interested ...and YES , off we gone.

I bought the tickets and plan on the way.

First thing ... secure my accommodation for Sapporo Winter festival.

SSS
One of many Snow Statue (?!) at the Sapporo Snow Festival 2020
The thing is ... it's a big event and surely the accommodation would be expensive, which I knew and expect. So I'm looking for Otaru, forty five minute from Sapporo using JR train .... I will get JR pass ... so it's piece of cake. Plus Otaru also got their own snow festival.
Thus I secure my accommodation.

Always, female dormitory ... because why not... it's fun, I can meet people and I can cook. Frugal still and always be my main motto , LOL.

Then I start looking for my accommodation in Tokyo. I'm not a backpacker, tho I prefer to travel light as possible, but bring luggage and stroll still can be stressful... add to that we probably need to use stairs a lot. So near to station is a must.

WI
Winter Illumination
I secure accommodation near Ryogoku station and, Asakusabashi station.

Next, for Kyoto... I still use the same hostel that I went last two times. Affordable and comfy.

CO
Cute Omikuji
Then I preparing for my visa. Luckily we got Japan Embassy (?!) near my hometown. Save more money than fly to Jakarta to make visa. I apply myself like two previous journey. And four days later, visa was on my hand.

JR Pass, I bought two week pass, because we are going places. This time I also bought a sim card, so I can keep communication with family and my cousin ( travel-mate) , if it was me alone... I might not bought one ( like two previous journey), but just in case... this time I prepare one.

That's for my preparation... well of course I prepare an itinerary , roughly at first for my visa application, but later on I put more details on it, like the cost or what to look for.

To schedule everything on our own vacation it's so liberating, we can always switch it accordingly to whatever we see fit.

I'll be post my vacation on my personal Instagram @deltaechovictorindia check it out ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment