Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Food For Thought : It's exciting

It's a good month for me.
RefreshYukLogo
Redresh Yuk Logo by Me


Tho my sales were sleep, I got create LOGO jobs and I found lots of things that excite me .. new things of course.

I'm not saying that I am a creature of habit ( I would like to think I'm not), but I also knew that I am prone to stay at my comfort zone. I don't like surprise, but I like to learn some thing new. I like to enjoy relaxing time that's why I have no trouble to stay in a small town, but I also aware going out is necessary, thus I travel sometimes.

Back to things that excite me...

My cousin was home, we explore street food and boy that scale needle hard to came back down.

This month I also exposed my self to Celtic Woman music for long period of times and fell in love with Tir Na Nog (I can't type the letter mark) and I've been listen to Scotland traditional music too .... that music make me feel proud 😁  for no apparent reason.

That's all was start after I read novels about medieval historical romance. I like to do that , if I am interested enough, I will look for information or anything related to it, to make my imagination more vivid, tho of course I'm imagine it as movie therefor I need BGM.

Anyhow, I love the music ... I don't understand the lyric at all even in English one, because I was happy, maybe if I'm sad ... I'll pay more attention to the lyric.

Then I found KALIMBA , it was recommended to me, because I was searching for kinda of ancient music or tribal music .. the moment I saw that instrument I convince my self I need to learn some music to help me maintain my BRAIN performance. And I decide , I'll play that Instrument .... not master it.... but play it I will.

More about this instrument, I did Google it... just to make me understand more about "soon to be play by me" instrument... when I search it it took me to MBIRA (wikipedia link), turn out Kalimba  is Mbira other name .. originate from Africa and they got various type for this instrument for different range of sounds. Can't wait to get one (small one 😁).

Jump to the kitchen , I made ... salted veggie ... preserving veg using salt. My town don't have this veggie, I can't buy it here. This use mainly for Chinese cuisine, bigger town have it ... but my town isn't... mainly because we don't produce the vegetable.

@deltaechovictorindia
Green Veggie (Bitter Cabbage ?!)

SaltedVeggie
Stir Fry Salted Veggie

Whenever me or family visit Makassar  ( province capital city ?! ) we bought it... problem is I wan't to make it... my favorite dishes/menu.

My mom said my grandfather (her dad) can make anything ... of course he was .. he was from mainland China ... from rural place, he was resourceful and creative and great cook and my mother inherit none of that talent.

To be able to make something, that skill need to be back nowadays. So yeah ... with all of above intro ... never in a slight I was thinking to make my own salted veggie. My dad always brag how easy to make it, my mom always wish  she make it, but some how both of them decided for me to do it ... and I DID ... and I'm glad that I did. The taste of it ... muahh!

What exciting for each people are different, these kind of things excited me, to create something, to learn something  and to cook something.

Actually whenever I feeling down I  cook or bake because the result (imo) are rather instantaneous so I get a punch of dopamine really quick ... of course if it was a success, but if not ... at least I vent my stress out 😆.

That's for today post. see you next time , visit me on my Instagram (personal: @deltaechovictorindia & work: @barelydevi)

Thank you, have a nice day.

No comments :

Post a Comment