Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Food For Thought: Creative Market and Etsy Slowing Down

Did  I shared this art before?


Anyhow, my dopamine level hit a rock bottom today ... well from last month actually.

My Creative Market and Etsy are not doing things like they should. Before this post , I'd tried one or two SEO tools that they said could help me to boost the sale. Fixing the titles, hashtags and adding more and more images. In my opinion - well maybe because I don't know how... but -  I think it doesn't work, and I suspiciously  thought it actually make it worse.
I change my  listing title to ridiculously long and doesn't make any sense for a title , some even keep saying it doesn't have "long tail" ... what ever that's suppose to mean.

And yes, I do pay for it .. "no pain no gain" I understand that term ... but in the end it only left me with payin... (get it 😆)

I checked some store that got great sales and they "listing rank" actually lower from me.

CM makes some change too, something about certified listing , options of price  license (?!), and then tracking ... and somehow none of that seems helping as matter a fact that might contribute for my shop horrible performance ...maybe.

So yeah, doesn't work for me, so I decide, I'll take it all slower that I used to.

I won't stop making graphic or art or clip art because it make me happy to create them.
I love to see a progress from sketch , coloring and assembling them in to a lay out or products.

But, I do realize I started to get depressed because my reality doesn't met my expectation, I read my earliest 2019 blog post, and how happy I was, because at that time, I really thought I made something out of my "skill", therefore I start to put more time to it.... then something seems off and it stressed me out.

So what should I do, LOL... I'm pissed 😆 ... but I got a lot of stuff I love to do, so for now I put clip art making as a side, now it won't be my number one priority ( till next announcement ) and I'll focus on drawing like the art above.

I also gonna, re-shape (edit) my blog, pay more attention to my portfolio and other stuff . Next week I'm going for short vacation, meet with friends at other town, hang out and nagging a bit about how sucks this world actually 😂 and rest.

That's for today post, wish me luck and check me on Instagram (@barelydevi) or my personal account (@deltaechovictorindia).

Have a nice day and hope you do it way better than me ^^

4 comments :

  1. a platform called INK for All was mentioned to me by a writer friend. I can’t live without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much ^^, I checked it out but yet to try but I will ^^ Thank you very MUCHHHHH have a great day.

      Delete
  2. I don’t see INK for All in this post but it's the newest favorite time-saver. I’m clueless about SEO or anything like that. This is the first free, AI-enabled editor that I’ve come across that helps me out with this super important part of producing content beyond just sentence length and passive voice. I mean, it's 2019. This is what The community needs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uwow ... the more I want to try it... it's free? hahaha I've yet try it because I thought It only come with trial for a moment, so I'm still saving it for soon. But 2 people mention it directly so I will try it for sure ^^, thank you.

      Delete