Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Travel: Before I Go For Australia

Prep
Prep for Aussie
Last year there was travel fair event and we (me and family) got our self  return ticket for Australia, Melbourne and Sydney.
By all means this is not a blog post with "how to" or "steps to..." theme, this just about what I prepare for my trip to certain country. 😁

Ticket already on hand since last year, next thing in my concern was accommodation.

I am a budget traveler, but not my mom, aunt, uncle and the rest of my travel companion this time, but they are willing to put their fate in me.
Why? Because we were not using tour agency. Not said I'm a novice traveler but I got my experience to manage travel by my own, twice 😂.
Or maybe they are busy for this matter, anyhow... at first I'm considering a hostel, I've been using hostel in Japan before but after reading bunch of review I decided to go for apartment instead.
Considering we are in group it's cheaper even when I compared it with dormitory room in hostel and I assume logically it should be more comfortable for older people. I'm using AIRBNB (after a long time) and I'll make a brief review for those place on other post.
* please use my link if you consider using AIRBNB  >>> Devi Airbnb , and you'll got some credit as I do too , thank you :)

Next challenge.... to apply for Australia visa or any visa that I know, passport need "alive" six month from departure time ... and my passport not up to that time, so renewal is a must.

My friend said, any ID that valid for years are bound to have a disaster picture. And my new passport is just .. lets not talk about it.😭

After passport... VISA, at first I want to apply it on my own, but because the time we gonna travel to Australia was near with my mom travel to Europe  also with my aunt and other family and friends, so we decided to use the same travel agent that help manage that Europe travel for applying Australia visa.

Things I need for visa are (for Indonesia citizen) or at least what I prepare:

1. One recent photo 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm with White background
2. Copy of ID card
3. Copy of birth Certificate and Family Register Card (?!)
4. Evidence of your employment ( letter from your boss or company stating that you have a job).
5. Financial evidence (bank statements for the last 3 months).
6. Itinerary (your trip schedule and accommodation booking) * some people use a  free cancellation booking just in case their visa not granted.
7. Return tickets
8. Passport

For more complete information visit >>> Applying for a Visitor Visa for Australia

Then after a week or ten days, travel agent inform me that we (my group) all been granted for the visa. What a relief... why... because I know personally someone that been denied for Europe visa very very recent, it's a different country, but still .. it's a visa, LOL.

For me applying visa can be stressful, why? The price for visa for me personally is expensive (of course it also depends for each country) but, let's not forget before applying visa I need a ticket or return tickets , if my visa is denied not only the visa fee but the ticket also bye bye. 

Tho I read you can re-apply if you get denied, but really ... if I already hand offer all the document and got denied, what else can I add ( the document ) to change that situation ? Plus I heard immigration won't tell the reason why you got denied. Anyhow, I got my visa let's move on.

Next, Mel-Syd transport, because tickets that we got from travel fair were from Makassar to Melbourne and Sydney to Makassar. At first I want to use overnight train, but the price make me go for plane ticket instead... and that was a  peace of cake after I got peace of mind for my visa been granted.

Then, another aunt reminds me for travel insurance. I actually never pay attention for this insurance, but now after I thought about it... I actually always bought one, but that when I bought tickets online and they offered an option for the insurance.
For this time the tickets was bought in travel fair and no travel insurance included because the event was held by the airline brand tho I wonder why no insurance was offered.

Anyhow, that done too. I do a research for a moment and found out that Indonesia also started ( or it's just me ) pay attention for this insurance things and we also can buy it online, convenient.
So travel document are done, next on to what to bring, what to get , what to do... , remember I was the guide, so I need to make sure I know what I'm doing , where and when to do it... even tho I never been to Australia.

I done a research using Google and YouTube and read blogs and talk to friends, what I got was: 

1. I can get sim card for internet after I arrive there
2. I might need transportation card for Melbourne (Myki) and Sydney (Opal)
3. There is a free tram ride in Melbourne and free shuttle for Sydney
4. Tap water are safe to drink, bring water bottle
5. Factory outlet for shopping
6. Skin care products are good in Australia make sure to buy some
7. Costco ( I want to try)
8. Coffee in Melbourne
9. Early closing time
10. At time I visit the weather will be cool (Autumn season, my fav season)

That's it, next thing was preparing the clothes, I didn't bring much because my rent apartments got their washing machine  and not just because of that, I am a medium traveler , I don't like bring too many things and I hate the anxiety I got just for a thought that my baggage is overweight.


That's for today post, next I'm gonna share about my journey , briefly ... have a nice day, see you next post.

No comments :

Post a Comment