Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Philately : Indonesia First Stamp Anniversary

Something happen that reminds me that it's been a long time since the last time I posted about my stamps.

150th SI
150th anniversary of the first stamps in Indonesia


I still do my postcrossing too this year. Tho my stamps option once again became limited because the site I used to buy my stamps seems out of service.

This year also I started with my own made postcards and I think I addicted to it, since not just stamps but also postcard are not easy to find ( not many variation) in my town.

For today post I'll share another collection stamps of mine (again).

First , my Snake year stamp. Like any other country ( I presume ) Indonesia also celebrate another culture and put it on our stamps as token of memory.

And I love how it use a Snake that typical in Indonesia art.

And ... I do have another set that show all "zodiacs" but, I've yet scan it , LOL.

SYS
Snake Year

I've not complete this kind of stand alone zodiac year, because again ... I've difficulty to find place to buy it.

Aside this type of cover stamp, we also have a collective set ( I don't know how to explain it properly ...) like this one on the bottom.
DYS
Dragon Year

Indonesia don't have dragon story ( not that I know) so Dragon year stamps use a typical Chinese Dragon for it design.

Each year with one theme usually came with three or four variation.

Here another zodiac stamps that I manage to buy the cover and the collective set.

OYCS
Ox Year

OYMSS
Ox Year Mini Set Stamps

And many more...

TYS
Tiger Year

RYS
Rabbit Year
 For the Ox, Tiger and Rabbit stamps ... nothing in particular about it to talk about, but the Tiger drawing is cute, LOL.

MYS
Monkey Year
The Monkey stamps using a wayang (shadow puppet) style Monkey, in this design they use Hanoman for white Monkey and Subali and Sugriwa for the twin Monkey.
And yes, Hanoman from Mahabharata story, since Indonesia culture also influenced a lot by India in once upon a time.

HYMSS
Horse Year Mini Set Stamps
In this Horse stamps ... well Indonesia like ohter culture also fond with horse, in the middle picture ( the one that ride a puppet horse) it's called Kuda (horse) lumping (?!).

"Kuda Lumping is a traditional Javanese dance depicting a group of horsemen. Dancers "ride" horses made from woven bamboo and decorated with colorful paints and cloth. Generally, the dance portrays troops riding horses, but another type of Kuda Lumping performance also incorporates trances and magic tricks." Wikipedia

Anyway, I like to buy a large set with three design and use it for postcrossing, I think it looks good to sent them in set.


GYS
Goat Year

And then I also got this, when I saw it, I just want it, and luckily that time i can buy this on the website.
COA
Certificate Of Authenticity

This stamp is hologram and came with Certificate Of Authenticity , a piece of history about stamps always a plus for me.

That's for today post. See you later.

No comments :

Post a Comment