Wednesday, April 18, 2018

It's Crown Time

Hi!
HP
Pineapple Crown



This week i wasting my time with games. I have  ...not a lot , but numbers of games in my computer. Its an old games but i enjoy it a lot and happy to return to it every time i got bored..

Yes, i am in the bored zone right now. I got plenty thing to be done. My stores haven't got a new update , there is pin design in my mind, there is sticker design in my mind, pattern, story and many more.
Sigh* .... not a bad day just .... that just it.

There is a saying or quote that i stumble upon in pinterest .. it say "Discipline is doing what you know needs to be done, even when you don't want to do it"
So aside from my boredom and out of stock spirit ... or maybe i'm just lazy 😑... i know i still need to do something ... then i visit IllustrationFriday site.

Illustration Friday  is a weekly art challenge that is super fun and inspiring! And along with that it happens to be an eye-catching blog and a lively, supportive online community that has been growing since 2003. (copy from IFriday about page)

I join the challenge several time, its great for me because i don't need to think what to draw, they give the topic, i just do the drawing. For me its really help when i am not in a mood to think what to draw (sort of).

This week topic is CROWN.
At first i instantly thought a queen ... lady with a crown  as i contemplating the only one came to my mind was Red Queen ... Alice Wonderland's , big fluffy hair with tiny cute crown. In the movie (its blurred in my mind) but i thought her as an angry kid that got wronged by her sister, unhappy person. I want her to be happy, so i draw her with smile and of course with fluffy red hair.

HQ
Heart Queen
I made this using my pen tablet, different style from my usual , i try to learn new style, no outline, more complex (i wish) color, like  shadow, highlight and texture. I love it. 😍

Then Pineapple happen ... i slightly remember about crown on Pineapple and thought maybe i can draw something about it. My base draw on the Pineapple was great (imo) ... i like it... but i don't want to submit just a fruit. I need something. So add here and there, i got a simple cheesy but fun to draw and to look (hopefully) handsome Pineapple.
HP
Pineapple
Why stop there , i'm on a roll.
One crown from West, one crown from other realm kingdom , so it's time for an East crown (???)
But none, i look it on the net, turn out there is no crown on the East. I search for China Crown ... its restaurant.

Technically there is a crown but not a crown look like .. its a head piece.
Anyway because i already draw a lot of Chinese maiden illustration in January 2018, i thought lets use another Eastern Culture... Japan.

Kaguya Hime or Princess Kaguya, a Bamboo girl that turn out to be Moon princess ( if i'm not mistaken).
Search that, i got Ghibli 's The Tale of Princess Kaguya. The artwork is simple, i want to draw that style. I never watch the movie, i know the story (again, sort of) many version, but overall for me its a sad story. So again... i want to make her happy.

KH
Kaguya Hime


That's post today, i hope you enjoy my art.

Follow me on Instagram, support me on Patreon or Kofi ( link on the blog sidebar) , or share or comment. Its means a lot for me. Thank you.

No comments :

Post a Comment