Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Enamel or Lapel Pin

Lapel pin , according to Wikipedia , is  small pin worn on clothing, often worn on the lapel of a jacket.
I personally just recently knew that lapel pin IS enamel pin.
Well, maybe enamel pin  based on how the pin was colored (?!) and lapel pin named based where the pin is use, anyhow it the same, right? LOL.

Nowadays i see many indie artist in and outside Indonesia made their own custom design enamel pin.

I as an introvert never aware of this until early this year i went vacation to Japan and i saw the enamel pins, and i thought ... "this is new" LOL! And i bought it.

My Japan Bought Enamel Pin
Later , my friend made his own, and i was like ... i want to make my own too haha.



With his help i was able to gettin more info about enamel making, i also keep looking for more information online, what the limit color, what the limit size.
Outside Indonesia like US or UK they got more advance tech to make this kind of art, but because this kind of art making still brand new (with basic shape maybe not so much, but with custom art its still new) in Indonesia so we still got many limit size and color (especially color).

Fastforward, its end month of 2017 , aside my clipart making, my need to make my own custom  enamel pin creep back in my mind , plus my friend i mention earlier made another collection of his (gentle reminder for me , lol)

So i made my design,actually i dunno what to make, but i have to start somewhere, so i just did it and while i sketch and mock up my pin design  , i also looking for potential enamel pin maker.

First i made NATURE enamel pin
and then i mock it up nicely so it can make me a nice real feeling... but it only made me realize that the size a bit odd ( for my preference)

Nature Enamel Pin
Nature
Second attempt, Heart Trees Mountain (what ever it means 😅)
i like this ... i might make the pin... but why stop there.
Heart Trees Mountain Enamel Pin
Heart Trees Mountain

Third ... i'm using my clipart design from Three Little Piggies .... I LOVE IT!

Little Piggy Enamel Pin
Little Piggy
And  then i got an idea why not make something relate to new year...
And voila ..... My Dog Year pin :)


Dog Year Enamel Pin
Happy New Year 2018 Enamel Pin

 Thats for today... i hope i can find the pin maker and get the satisfying result and then i'll share about it again ^^.
Happy Holiday, keep warm and see you next post.



No comments :

Post a Comment