Thursday, January 19, 2017

Review : TRAVELOKA

Good day :)

Hello 2017 and I just got back from my  LONG VACATION, and talking about vacation, mine always include AIRPLANE .

And ...nope.. we won't talk about my favorite airplane comapny ^^, instead i'll share my favorite place to purchase my plane ticket and that is  TRAVELOKA.

Traveloka is an online ticketing company.

Before we going further into my review, I'll first giving an info about this company.

Traveloka founder is Ferry Unardi Derianto Kusuma and Albert in 2012

The idea was came from Ferry Unardi , said he was studied at Harvard University, USA and on that period of time he always found a difficulty to obtain a ticket from US to his hometown Padang, Indonesia.

At first Traveloka was function as a comparing plane price website, but 2013 it changed to a online plane ticket reservation website and from there its evolved , adding smartphone app and on to hotel room reservation.

Read in Wikipedia , Ferry Unardi  was worked at Microsoft and Derianto Kusuma was worked as LinkedIn software engineer in Sillicon Valley but they were came back to Indonesia to built Traveloka.

Now, we back to my own experience using this company.

Once upon a time, i feel the most stressed part of vacation aside from packing ,was purchased a ticket. So many stepped need to be done, pick up a phone, call a travel agent ask for plane price, not to forget mention the time we favor, add to that because the ticketing system was online ( not the online that i know) it means the price is changing all the time. So we need to booked it first, and if it's time, and we okay, or if the agent inform that the price will go up, we OK it and they will issued it, and then, wait for the ticket in our email and we print it  or just booking code.....Just to write the process exhaust me.

But then, TRAVELOKA happens ^^
I started to use it in 2014, i know this company from ..kinda forgot where...perhaps on Facebook or TV ad , anyway the first time i tried it ... it's WOW me, easy as the ad said.

And by easy i mean... browse your Depart place to where you about to going, choose from many airplane company, what time, what price, fill your name (same as ID or Passport, please), email and phone number, choose payment method , and done, wait for email, SMS  or e-ticket on your app.

But because it's new for me, i called the customer service to make sure my purchased was valid. And it was.
Not to mention Traveloka price does cheaper as , again... the ad said ... YES, i did checked it with travel agent too, lol.

Traveloka expand very quick, now it's provide service in Indonesia , Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam,Thailand and Philippines





Last year, i purchased an International Flight for first time, for my dad . And i was nervous, i doubt Traveloka again after long time , i just thought what if the system got wrong because it was a INTERNATIONAL flight add to that i got inform from the app (i'm using Traveloka app in my phone) that the flight schedule was changed but, the ticket PDF that i re-download didn't change the time.
So i  called the CS again ... yes.. i did :)) and i noticed the improvement Traveloka did with their CS system, they record the customer call and and the CS really helping, he said he will help me to get the new PDF with new schedule and ask me to wait 10-30 minute. And again they did delivered the new PDF on my email along with my CS report summary . NEAT!

I , like we all know leave in a small city, means i don't have a benefit from TRAVEL FAIR (i dunno in other small city , but its never a thing in my city), but by the end of last year, TRAVELOKA did an online travel fair, i am so happy... my last and coming up vacation was the result of that travel fair.  I hope that ONLINE TRAVEL FAIR will be Traveloka annual event, i am  THANKFUL for it.

Although PROMO is not rare event at Traveloka, it got from Credit Card promotion to certain day or period promotion, check it here or even better subscribe for the newsletter
 That all the above was the PLUS, now the MINUS... so far and i HOPE would never experience the negative exp, but  i do read some complain in Social Media, that they (the customer) have trouble on getting they paid verified, result, a delayed e-ticket issued.
From many similar complain i read, i assume the problem is because they pay it with ATM a.k.a manual transfer lead to manual verification , for me....i always done my purchase with credit card and it's have automatic verification so it does save me from this problem.

There was a time.. i need to wait a code from my credit card bank to send me a code for proceed the purchase, but now Traveloka also have a TravelokaPay option that make me pay faster ( without waiting for the bank code) This option help me a lot when i was travel Internationally , because my phone provider , either lost it signal or i cannot receive a SMS because i ran out money in it and it is roaming.

I don't know if this service (Traveloka) is available outside the mentions country, but, if there is a change you visit Indonesia , Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam,Thailand and Philippines and you need a plane ticket or hotel, this will help you ( i hope ).

Thats for today, my opening blog for this 2017, i hope WORLD gettin better, WE all gettin HAPPY and able to TRAVEL where ever we want also , i hope this post do u some good, have a good day and see you next post.



No comments :

Post a Comment