Monday, January 30, 2017

Philately : President Stamps Series

USA President just changed from Mr. Barack Obama to Mr. Donald Trump ... nope this post not about politic, but this Presidential (?!) issue, things remind me of Indonesia Presidential Election in 2014.

2014 Indonesia Presidential Election for me was and still very SPECIAL , that election was the first time I participated whole heart.

That's why this Stamps Collection became some of my favorite.

Joko Widodo & Jusuf Kalla

I bought this set, because I'm not a fan of  First Day Press Set (?!) the set when stamps stick in to envelope with note and date stamps to make it collectible ...not a fan ,because i think those set is too much , to much material, that envelope i can't even use and it not fit in to my stamps album , although if i have no choice ... i do buy it.

After all it's lovely to have  whole sets like above, i can use  one set for keep and the rest  for sending postcards. :)

Also, this election bring out so many creative way to participate, from donate for campaign fund, using app or smartphone for monitoring and secure OUR voice , also make art about the campaign. Below is the stamps that using the same illustration that was use for T-Shirt during campaign, with some of Indonesia National Hero among them , Our Founding Fathers , Bung Karno and Bung Hatta at the front row :)


Joko Widodo & Jusuf Kalla, Illustration Stamps










Somehow this illustration style reminds me of Adventure of Tintin :) i like it ^^

That's all for today, see you all next post ^^

No comments :

Post a Comment