Sunday, June 16, 2024

Travel: Hong Kong Trip 2024, Part I

 When was the last time I went for travel?

ThroughDDayBlogger
Disneyland HK Castle

This trip was planned early this year, the main purpose was to visit families in HK, because it's has been a very while since we met. Before COVID , then during COVID and post-COVID.

This time, I went with seven family member, yes... seven people, eight included me ... ten included my uncle and aunt who took another day flight (and back to Indonesia before us).

It was HECTIC, my legs!!! ...Oh my poor legs. 

Because the main purpose was a family visit add to that this trip also brings some seniors, so not much of sightseeing ... but LOTS OF SHOPPING! ...Oh my poor legs.

We use SCOOT, not because it was a budget flight, but because this flight fly from Makassar  ( my province Int Airport ) , as far that I know a straight flight only provided from Jakarta ( Garuda Airlines) and Surabaya (Cathay Airlines) , means what ever flight that I take from Makassar would always be a transit flight, so why not transit in Singapore... since I never took pic with Merlion.

Yes... solely for that reason ...and Bak Kut Teh , my friend knowing that I would transit in Singapore, insist I must try the Bak Kut Teh which I did and it was indeed a divine.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Mini Merlion at Merlion Park

From the airport, we took a GRAB ( I am thankful for this app!) to Merlion park, driver super nice and polite , even showing preparing us to take a pic for some landmark .

Arrived at Merlion park, like other tourist we also try to take a pic of catching Merlion gargle water with our mouth πŸ˜… and we succeed. After that we hanging out a bit  enjoying the scenery ant buy some snacks. I wanted to try the Merlion popsicle , but I don't see the price is worth for it, so I enjoy a black coffee instead.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Song Fa Bakuteh at Jewel 







After that, we went back to the airport and enjoy a nice Song Fa Bak Kut Teh. 

>>> Song Fa Bak Kut Teh Jewel
78 Airport Boulevard, Jewel, #B2-278 Singapore Changi Airport, 279/280, Singapore 819666

The waitress were super nice. I order six bowl of Pork Ribs Soup, one Braised Pork Belly and one Braised Large Intestine with eight  plain rice , and also two pot of Chinese tea ( because in Indonesia there's no way one pot for eight people ). But then waitress then inform us that we can only order one pot to share among eight of us and offer to fix our order for us, really nice of her, she didn't have to and we wouldn't know, but she did.

I really appreciate and amazed with the work and moral ethic that they have , thank you for that, and I'll be back! 

And then a trip with family would not perfect if there's no DRAMA.

After eating , we bee line back to the airport, I lead because why not... and then my mom can't passed , because her boarding pass was torn. It was torn from Makassar, but the flight attendant in Makassar quickly "fix" it and gave us the little piece. 

Apparently its a no no in Singapore. From the glass window I can see my mom was ping pong-ed from one counter to another counter, I was in verge of a panic attack, which I think my mom already in one. Seeing me cold sweating the security let me passed back.

Turn out the boarding pass need to be re-printed, so I went to the counter for it ... yet, instead of smoothly got what we want, I was inform my flight was CANCELED ...

WUT!!! And I said "seriously, because before I went out to Merlion Park, I already confirmed that my flight was on schedule."

With a smirk face the counter officer lead me to bigger counter and reiterate my respond to her to her colleagueπŸ˜’, to which her colleague responds ... " not her flight , it was another flight that was canceled "πŸ˜‘

Then we re-print and go our way to rest, because we will be stranded till dawn.

Think about that Drama and some mini Drama at the security boarding check in, I still had a positive experience in Singapore, and I think it was thanks to the aunt that help me check my flight schedule, the  aunt that leads me at the immigration check exit the airport (?!), the nice taxi driver and the security uncle that help me passed back to Jewel.

I hope I still will get same positive hospitality compare to the negative one in the future when I visit Singapore.

And we arrived at Hong Kong.

I took my time, because we need to change our phone data carrier and buy Octopus card. I already got my own from previous previous visit to HK and thankfully I still able to use it, so only for my cousins and seniors.

For those who don't know, if the visitor is over sixty five, they are able to use a senior Octopus card ( green color) this card allow the holder to pay only fifty percent of the transportation fee/charge , like bus and MTR, not taxi or shopping.

Initially I was planning to take a bus to Argyle street where our inn is located, but MY POOR LEGS , BODY and MIND wont let me carry all those baggage , so Taxi it is.

The inn was small, but decent , it's a budget hostel so can't complain.

>>> Dragon Hostel HK
Hong Kong, Mong Kok, Argyle St, 83θ™Ÿ, Sincere House, Room 707

After tidying up a bit, we went out for DIM SUM that located near our hostel it even share the same building , just turn left on the block and viola.. we're there. 

We really dig in! The waiter know basic English and Mandarin which matched with my plain English and Mandarin, so we are perfect. Combo with finger pointed at other people dishes, we able to manage a great  lunch πŸ˜†

>>> DIM DIM SUM MONG KOK
106θ™Ÿ Tung Choi St, Mong Kok, Hong Kong

ThroughDDayBlogger
Variation of Dim Sum

ThroughDDayBlogger
Stuffed Eggplant adn Stuffed Chili

Back to Hostel... another tidying and resting and then we went for my aunt place. Using bus, we arrived and celebrate a moment with my HK aunty. Giving our souvenir from Indonesia and then we down for another mukbang time.

I forgot the restaurant name, but it was a Hong Kong and West fusion food. 

After all this time visiting Hong Kong, I just realized that the menu are divided by time. Breakfast Time, Lunch Time , Afternoon Tea/ Snack Time and Dinner Time. The restaurant that my aunt took us apparently serve the afternoon time menu longer that other restaurant, thus we get more menu choice ( Afternoon + Dinner Menu).

ThroughDDayBlogger
Fried Rice and Noodles and Garlic Toast

ThroughDDayBlogger
Fried Chicken With Fries

After that, we went for my Aunt home , hang out a bit then went back to the hostel ... by bus.

That's how I spend my first day in Hong Kong. I'll share another experience in next post.

Have a nice day and till  next post ^^.

* I shared my trip pics on my Instagram, kindly check that out too >>>  Deltaechovictorindia Instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment