Thursday, May 6, 2021

Miscellaneous: Red Bean, Durian and Donuts

 I like Donuts.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Old School Donut

While my PC gettin slower, I'm venting my frustration with baking and eating LOL.

Old PC became an old excuse, but because I'm not finish securing my datas ... I won't purchase a new one. But the time is gettin closer. I can feel it. 

Now ... I need to contemplating what would I do if I got a new one .

Work, of course... but more... would I start making video, playing my long purchased games, write a book or light novel ( like many isekai story that I like to read), comic strip (I've been saving up some ideas) and more.

Aside from that... this year I also committed to throw or used up some stuff.... and three bread/cake from my (first) 2021 Baking Goals. Soboro Bread, Creepes Cake and Englisher Cake. Those names intimidate me greatly LOL.

Still selling my home bake Breads, thankfully some people still favoring them. But ... lately I've limited my self on trying new style or variation or recipe because aside me ... my mom also bake so ... too much food to eat makes me back on DIET.

Then ... Book/s. I got many book I need to finish, and I need to finish them before I purchase a Kindle. Couple years a go I would not thinking to buy an electric device to read. I like the feeling of book on my hand/s but, it getting harder to purchase book that I want locally or nationally add to that since Covid era, post got delayed by too much so I don't feel to take the risk of lost mail items .. because I did lost some. I might get my money back ... but I don't think it's fair because there is a chance...big chance it's not the seller fault during this pandemic everything seems a bit chaotic especially international (related) post service, imo or at least in Indonesia.

And since I got I phone I do read on Ebook from time to time ... and it's strained my eyes.. but I want to read... so I start thinking about Kindle.  SOON... perhaps as soon as my PC , LOL... yes I'm oddly patient for these kind of stuff. I like to contemplating hard when purchasing stuff, since I want to minimize my possession (?!). 

Any how for today post Red Bean bread.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Matcha Red Bean Bread
 

Since I can't go to Japan... well I can but the process in this pandemic are so tedious , I rather not, so I made a Red Bean paste. My mom also request this.

In here, Indonesia... not like Japan that use Red Bean for almost everything (you get what I meant)... here we got Red Bean and Mung Bean . With Mung Bean ... we got two or three (?!), White one (without the skin) and the ordinary one (Green) then the Black one.

But since I got Red Bean in hand... Red Bean paste it is.

Out of Red Bean paste, I made several snacks. My favorite one is Red Bean Bread. Then I made a Matcha Red Bean Bread... so its more Japan vibes. 

My customer like it, but I actually not a fan of Matcha.. so I prefer ordinary Red Bean Bread.

Then Durian ... Durian is a big thing in South East Asia . Some place/region got their own special Durian variant. Now, for Bread filling that I made ... it need to use a local Durian.

My local durian is fragrant but unlike Thailand or Malaysia durian, the core/pit not as small and the flesh (?!) not as thick and dry /airy (?!)

Tho Thailand or Malaysia Durian would be better use as Martabak filling or juice or ice. But for jam kind of filling ... local would be better. Not to say Thailand or Malaysia re more expensive... I would cry to process it in to jam LOL.

My mom's friends like it, so I made a Durian bread and it sell like a hot cake or using local metaphor ... it sell like fried peanuts. 

ThroughDDayBlogger
Durian Bread

When I start to making bread ... I make them constantly but .. I'm not eating them. My parent does it for me. And after making them with various filling .. in this case Red Bean paste and Durian jam ... I rather back to basic... Donut. 

Old fashion Donuts . And that's what I do.

ThroughDDayBlogger
Powdered Sugar Donut

Tho I do like Donuts with topping .... but Donut with powdered sugar always be my fav.. because this is a kind of Donuts that my mom made for me when I was young. 

That's for today's post. Not so much of working, but my words are overflowing 😄.

Stay safe and warm see, till next post. ^^

 

No comments :

Post a Comment