Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Postcrossing


The Postcrossing logo is a registered trademark

Hello 😀



Its not Sunday and i'm late from my weekly blogging schedule.
But i think i'll change the day i post, instead of weekend i'll post on weekdays.

Anyhow, i've been struggle with my new clipart and untill yesterday, i actually really stress thinking about what to post today. The original plan was to post my newest clipart, but i haven't finish it ...
And then i realize my blog post mostly about my clipart or my online shop, it nice though to talk about it, but.. at first , the idea of this blog was to help me express my self , what i like, what i do and what i think ...
When i contemplating about it .... POSTCROSSING popped out in my mind.

I mention it on my previous previous post... long long long time ago .. that one of my oldest hobby was Stamps Collection, that hobby lead me to Postcrossing.


The Postcrossing logo is a registered trademark


I forgot how actually i discover Postcrossing, but i remember how happy i was when i found it.
It has been 4 years since i join Postcrossing. i received almost hundred of postcards, was that too many or too little... sometimes i'm not active to send a postcard, due the limit of stamps and postcards that i have.

I live in a small town, i usually buy stamps at my local post office, but  from about 5 years ago (?!), my local post office doesn't provide philately stamps anymore, they not renew the collection anymore , so  i just can get an old collection there. And i personally like to send a fellow postcrosser a stamps that updated, like the kind they  send me one.
So nowadays i buy my stamps online, straight from Jakarta.
When you love it, you do extra steps to enrich it.

For the postcards, most of the time i got it from traveling. Always spare a time to explore stationery or books store for a postcards. Or, online 😁

Below here i'll show , some of postcards that i've got and how they brighten my day.... behold 😎

When you open Postcrossing account , there was a profile page (like any account) , in that page, you can write about your self, what you like and what kind of postcards you want to received . Its not a guarantee tho you will get what you ask, but sometimes you'll get it.
Last year i wrote that i want a vintage and black and white kind of postcards... so there i got it ...

1
BW Vintage Cards 1

2
BW Vintage Cards 2

3
BW Vintage Cards 3

Aside from the cards it self, a unique stamps also makes me happy

4
A Set Of Stamps

Or a good handwriting, i also notice a card from Soviet Union or Russia got a very nice cursive penmanship, lovely.

5
Nice Handwriting 1

6
Nice Handwriting 2
Some even sent me a gift
7
A Gift 1


8
A Gift 2 (Personal Collection)


Or send me a birthday wishes
9
Birthday Wishes

And unique kind of postcard
10
3D Postcard

11
A Ticket Postcard (Creative, love the design)


A handmade postcards
12
Handmade PC 1

13
Handmade PC2

14
Handmade PC 3

Postcards with cute illustration that inspired me to draw
15
Nice Illustration

Or to design
16
Lovely Design

And the cards that make me feel warm
17
I Want Coffee

18
Good Vibes


Thats for today's post ... let see what should i bring up for next post 😁
Have a great day.

*Pics using my smartphone.. i took it my self  ^^

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for being the instructor on this theme.

    I actually enjoyed your own article greatly and most
    of all appreciated the way you handled the aspect I regarded as controversial.
    You are always extremely kind to readers really like me and assist me to in my life.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your kind review ^^. Have a great day.

      Delete